America's Cup Race

Wksskier

Quite simply one of the *best* excursions on the planet.

But ...

They are not going to stop the race to allow you to pee, even if there were a head on board. Use the facilities at the dock before you go out.

Could you see Dennis Connor yelling for a "time out"? Not going to happen. :p

Thanks so much for responding so fast. You are a big help. Hey, when nature calls, you gotta go LOL I wasn't planning on doing that much work anyway they wouldn't even know I was missing : ) I think my husband is going to have to do this on his own. Do you know how long the boats are out sailing. Is there a beach near by that I could hang out on until he returns? Thanks again.

Carole =^..^=

It seems to me that we were gone *maybe* 3 - 3 1/2 hours. The regatta people pick you up right at the gangway of the ship and you tender out to the sailboats from an area at the beginning of the pier. There are restroom facilities *right there* and a number of people made one last pit stop before boarding.

At the conclusion of the race, they take you back to their dock, where you may enjoy some rocket-fuel strength rum punch, and perhaps purchase some 12-metre regatta memorabilia. I believe there are restrooms in that location as well.

There is no beach in the *immediate* area.

[quote name='Wksskier']I wasn't planning on doing that much work anyway they wouldn't even know I was missing : ) Carole =^..^=[/QUOTE]
I went along with Tef on this and I was "the serving wench"! I wouldn't have missed it for anything! Just to be there to see him enjoy himself was worth it, but the whole experience was way cool. Sailing on the ocean in one of those beautiful sailing ships was an experience not to be missed! The crew was just wooooonderful! Go for it!

[quote name='Kiraley']Sailing on the ocean in one of those beautiful sailing ships was an experience not to be missed![/QUOTE] To quote Robert Loggia in the movie [i]Hot Pursuit, [/i]"Boat, kid, the Queen Mary is a ship."

From their [url="http://www.12metre.com/"]website[/url]: ",,,racing one of these magnificent 12 metre [b]racing yachts[/b]."

I had the perfect job our last visit: Assistant Bartender.

Gary

You MAY be able to hear our on-air radio interview posted in my [url="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/gwtaylor"]Yahoo Briefcase[/url].

Look for the 12 Metre file in the [b]SXM[/b] folder.

Hey Gary,

You definately had the perfect job since they made you the bartender. That sounds like a job for me. How do I sign up for that? Okay, now I am really confused. They serve drinks on the sail boat, but there is no head on board???? What are people supposed to do when nature calls? LOL

Carole =^..^=

I did the America's Cup last year with my high school senior class. It was quite pricey for us but we made enough money to go on it. We loved it! It was a wonderful experience. If you don't plan on going on it, make sure your husband does because it really is lots of fun. I was a "wench" which wasn't too much work. I know someone else was also a bartender which was basically the easiest job possible. It takes just about 3 and a half hours but much worth it...!

[quote name='snoopy_leogirl']I was a "wench" which wasn't too much work. I know someone else was also a bartender which was basically the easiest job possible. It takes just about 3 and a half hours but much worth it...![/QUOTE] I hope you meant to type [i][b]winch[/b][/i]. :eek:

Snoopy Leogirl is partially correct. I was a winch wench when we were on America's cup. It was a blast!

I never thought about a bathroom once we were on board. Don't forget to try the rum punch when you get back to the dock. It is great.

• 4 weeks later...
We are just back from our cruise (Dawn Princess Oct-4) and we booked the
americas cup 12metre challenge.

It was just fun - but only fun. It has nothing to do with real regatta (race) sailing. They were using only really old - in size reduced sails.
Someone used to sailing will be disapointed and regret to have booked that "event".
So someone looking for fun and never sailed before will like it.
If you are in sailing - you might regret that you booked that tour.

Archived