Epic Massage, Thermal Suite and Port Day Spa Specials?

epermar

Did anyone take advantage of port day spa specials, particularly massage, and approximately what was the cost? On our first NCL cruise a couple of years ago, we visited the spa upon embarkation and attended the raffle where we received a flyer with specials supposedly for raffle attendees. Also, is the day pass to the Thermal Suite a good value? I really don't want to spend $200 for the entire week but would love to experience it. When is the best time to visit the Thermal Suite?

Thank you in advance! :)

Day passes for the Thermal Spa are not always available, generally only on port days. They’re also fairly expensive, in the range of $60 if believe (someone please correct me if I’m wrong). Best time to visit is while at port as most people are off the ship. Busiest times are sea days between 10 and 4.

day passes to Thermal suite are only offered if they haven't sold all the cruise long passes so it's a gamble

port day specials tend to be a combination of treatments offered on the day and tend to vary but offer a saving over the individual treatments-often advertised as over $100 saving

On Epic in October I got a 75 minute spa special for $139plus gratuity

full body massage

foot and ankle massage

scalp massage

mini facial

Day passes for the Thermal Spa are not always available, generally only on port days. They’re also fairly expensive, in the range of $60 if believe (someone please correct me if I’m wrong). Best time to visit is while at port as most people are off the ship. Busiest times are sea days between 10 and 4.

Thanks, MikeBTN...I guess we will take our chances on getting day pass. :)

Did anyone take advantage of port day spa specials, particularly massage, and approximately what was the cost? On our first NCL cruise a couple of years ago, we visited the spa upon embarkation and attended the raffle where we received a flyer with specials supposedly for raffle attendees. Also, is the day pass to the Thermal Suite a good value? I really don't want to spend $200 for the entire week but would love to experience it. When is the best time to visit the Thermal Suite?

Thank you in advance! :)

Spa specials are heavily advertised in your freestyle daily.

The spa will offer “specials”. So rather than paying $150 for a 75 min massage, you can get a mini masssge, mini facial, mini scalp massage, and mini foot rub for $150 over 75 mins (Head to Toe special).

Speaking in generalities, you won’t save money, but get more abbreviated services.

You could also get a discounts if you order three or more full price treatments.

Thermal suite day passes are sold at the discretion of the spa. If the weekly passes sell out, day passes won’t be offered. However, we have been on many cruises where weekly passes didn’t sell out and the spa still did not sell day passes. And, if available, expect them on port days only.

My first experience with the Thermal Spa was on the Epic. Totally well worth the extra $. I always went between 8-9 every morning or anytime during port days and it was never crowded. I never cruise unless I include the Thermal Spa, especially on the newer ships. It's my way of pampering myself!