Ideas on what to do in Miami for day precruise

oceanseagle12

I'll be arriving in MIA pretty early, and have a room at the IC Miami. I'm looking for ideas about what to do for the day.

I've read some suggestions about going to South Beach. Any other ideas?

If you can include economical transport ideas, that would be helpful too. There will just be two of us. Thanks!

Thanks to you both. Was the bus convenient to south beach?

I stayed at the Best Western on the Bay and the bus stop was right across the street. It did get a little crowded but it took us about 20 mins to get there. I'm sure if you check at your hotel with the front desk, they can tell you where the bus stop is. Just remember the bus # for the return back.

I'd cancel the IC and stay in Miami Beach instead of messing around with a bus or taxis later at night -- lots happening in South Beach within stumbling distance if you choose a good hotel. :o

Have a great cruise! :)

Hi John, I would consider that but it isn't an option for me. Originally, I was going to arrive in MIA late in the day and wasn't to o concerned with doing any thing in Miami. I booked the IC using ff miles and it isn't refundable. I'm fine with that because I got a really good deal. However, my flight is now getting in in the morning, so looking for things to do.

I think the IC is a great hotel choice and perfect view of the ships in the morning! I would hit Bayside unless you're big into the night life scene. Actually plan to hit Bayside for some outside entertainment tomorrow before our cruise out on Sunday.

I will be in Miami in 20 days (so excited). I am staying across from the Bayside Market Place which I've heard is a wonderful place to visit. I will probably take in a boat tour and have dinner at Bubba Gumps (which I love).:D

I will be in Miami in 20 days (so excited). I am staying across from the Bayside Market Place which I've heard is a wonderful place to visit. I will probably take in a boat tour and have dinner at Bubba Gumps (which I love).:D

I like your thinking. I have to wait another 125 days until I get my boat tour and Bubba Gumps! :D

There is a place called Coral Castle in Homestead, FL. It's a bit of a drive so you'd have to rent a car. Rumor has it there are some good Mexican restaurants in the area too. See Wikipedia for more info. I haven't been yet but am planning to go...

I really like the IC - great hotel. If you haven't done it - do one of the City Tours. We like to do that at least once in the cities we visit. We are not beach people so we like to tour more than tan. South Beach is great at night - we like to splurge on a taxi to the very end of South Beach and go to Joe's Stone Crab for dinner. This year we may try Garcias - which has great reviews.

Archived