Magic 11/11/17: My thoughts

funinthesun1964

Nice review :) Dr E is one of the best CDs Ive ever had if not THE best. We missed him tremendously last month while he was on vacation. Entertainment seemed to be lacking in the evenings without him. Thankfully Patrick in the piano bar was the saving Grace of nighttime entertainment for me. He was excellent. Everything else I pretty much agree 100% with you :)

Nice review :) Dr E is one of the best CDs Ive ever had if not THE best. We missed him tremendously last month while he was on vacation. Entertainment seemed to be lacking in the evenings without him. Thankfully Patrick in the piano bar was the saving Grace of nighttime entertainment for me. He was excellent. Everything else I pretty much agree 100% with you :)

Dr E was the best. He is hilarious. Will miss him on my next cruise, too. Normally I don't pay too much attention to the cruise director, but the times I did see him, he was hilarious.

Thanks for reporting on Tandoor! We sail on the Magic in January and are very excited. We also looooove Indian food. Great review!

OH, do NOT miss the Tandoor! Remember, AFT deck 10. The Pizza on one side, Tandoor on the other. Repeat. DO NOT MISS. Yummmm!! and have fun on your cruise!

I too, thank you for posting. I agree with about 98% of your comments. Lots and lots of people aboard. The Guys Burgers were indeed VERY dry, and I wound up eating only about half of mine. I was disappointed in the entertainment. Shows, and ALL music was VERY LOUD, and LOUD to the point that I had to walk out on the 88 keys show. I found the FUN TIMES to be sadly lacking in accurate information. Noticed lots of things that started late, and other events that weren't noted in the FUN TIMES. The Reverend Dr. E is far better than many of the CD's, but enough is enough of the goofy laugh. His accents, and comments at the life boat drill made it entertaining,,,indeed. Service in the dining room was extremely slow, but I found most of the food to be quite good,,,,,once you got it. LOL Cabin service excellent, and without any complaints at all. I boarded very quickly, without wait at all, and disembarked by 7 A.M. by carrying my own luggage. Also, being "Diamond" helps in that respect.

Hope to see y'all on another FUN CRUISE.

"SKY"

Ken

I too, thank you for posting. I agree with about 98% of your comments. Lots and lots of people aboard. The Guys Burgers were indeed VERY dry, and I wound up eating only about half of mine. I was disappointed in the entertainment. Shows, and ALL music was VERY LOUD, and LOUD to the point that I had to walk out on the 88 keys show. I found the FUN TIMES to be sadly lacking in accurate information. Noticed lots of things that started late, and other events that weren't noted in the FUN TIMES. The Reverend Dr. E is far better than many of the CD's, but enough is enough of the goofy laugh. His accents, and comments at the life boat drill made it entertaining,,,indeed. Service in the dining room was extremely slow, but I found most of the food to be quite good,,,,,once you got it. LOL Cabin service excellent, and without any complaints at all. I boarded very quickly, without wait at all, and disembarked by 7 A.M. by carrying my own luggage. Also, being "Diamond" helps in that respect.

Hope to see y'all on another FUN CRUISE.

"SKY"

Ken

It was good to meet you Ken, maybe we will run into you again sometime. Probably the only reason that I didn't notice the Fun Times discrepancies/errors was because I didn't really look at the information all that much. I relaxed, and slept, a lot on this cruise and believe it or not I am still tired! LOL

It was good to meet you Ken, maybe we will run into you again sometime. Probably the only reason that I didn't notice the Fun Times discrepancies/errors was because I didn't really look at the information all that much. I relaxed, and slept, a lot on this cruise and believe it or not I am still tired! LOL

GREAT meeting you as well. In reading over what I posted, it sounds like I did nothing but complain,,,,sorry 'bout that. I did, indeed have a fun time aboard, regardless of the problems I experienced. Many of the discrepancies in the Fun Times had to do with Karaoke scheduling, and being unable to attend some of the shows because of the volume of the music. :eek: Hope to see you, and yours again on another fantastic Carnival Fun Ship.

"SKY"

Ken

Thanks for your review.

We are planning on doing the Magic in March, and looks like the same itinerary. My question, as long as we KNOW/SEE the ship time, will it be the same time at the port?

Generally on most cruises you stay on ship time at ports. Your cruise director and the fun times will remind you of this. BUT, the times may be different at the port. Just be sure to be back at the ship on time!

GREAT meeting you as well. In reading over what I posted, it sounds like I did nothing but complain,,,,sorry 'bout that. I did, indeed have a fun time aboard, regardless of the problems I experienced. Many of the discrepancies in the Fun Times had to do with Karaoke scheduling, and being unable to attend some of the shows because of the volume of the music. :eek: Hope to see you, and yours again on another fantastic Carnival Fun Ship.

"SKY"

Ken

No, you did list the positives in your post also!

See you next time, SKY!