Best time for later disembarkation in FLL

cangelmd

Our cruise ends in FLL. We had to take an awkwardly timed flight out - about 5 pm.

I know we cannot do any kind of "late disembarkation", but does anyone have a feel for when would be a good time to disembark to miss the long taxi lines?

I don't think we are going to be up for actually doing any sightseeing in FLL, no real interest in beach or airboat, etc. I am looking into a way to get our bags to the airport and allow us to go have a leisurely lunch before heading to the airport.

I'm crossposting this on the Florida board as well.

Doubt you can stay on the ship much past 9:00-9:30. Some cruise line offer a luggage valet program that takes your bags from outside your stateroom and checks them with the airline - usually the best $20 you'll ever spend! ;)

Otherwise cab to FLL, store your bags there, and then head out for a long lunch or a ride on the water taxi, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Doubt you can stay on the ship much past 9:00-9:30. Some cruise line offer a luggage valet program that takes your bags from outside your stateroom and checks them with the airline - usually the best $20 you'll ever spend! ;)

Otherwise cab to FLL, store your bags there, and then head out for a long lunch or a ride on the water taxi, etc.

Check with your airline. Some airports won't allow you to check your bags more than 4 hours before your flight.