port parking at port everglades.....can it be confusing?

bubbles1209

We'll be in Fort Lauderdale at the end of next week for our cruise :D but we have family meeting us at our hotel (Fort Lauderdale Marina hotel). We've always just flown in & grabbed a cab or done a shuttle. They want us to ride with them so they can park at the port.....great with us, but just curious.............is it easy peasy to get in & out, or can it be confusing? :confused: Just don't want to get all turned around in a strange town. :o We can't give them exact directions because we've never driven. Anyone out there that has driven to the port & was it easy or a hassle? I'm probably overthinking this, but that's what I do, can't help it, part of the planning process for me I guess. Thanks in advance, all help is appreciated. :)

Edited by bubbles1209

Yes signs are everywhere!

But a few of the parking areas get a little bit tricky.

•Terminals 1 and 2 parking access are outside the restricted area in order to provide access to the Convention Center.

Terminals 1 and 2 have a nice covered multi-level parking garage with walkway access to Terminals 1, 2 and 4. Enter from Eisenhower Blvd north of the security checkpoint.

•Terminal 4 parking

The surface lot parking area for terminal 4 is smaller and may fill before your arrival. In that case you will be directed to the Terminal 2 parking garage. Keep your group together, drop your luggage at Terminal 4 then drive to the Terminal 2 parking garage. After parking, proceed to the 2nd level area to a walkway to re-enter Terminal 4 (after passing through security).

•Terminal 18 parking

It has a large surface parking lot. When full, you will be directed to the Terminal 19 surface parking lot nearby. Drop your luggage/passengers first!

•Terminals 19, 21, 22/24, 25, 26, 27 and 29 parking

The multilevel midport parking garage is the preferred parking for these terminals. When full, you will be directed to the Terminal 19 surface parking lot. Drop your luggage/passengers first! There are free shuttle buses between the midport parking areas and Terminal 29.

Edited by SteerageJoe

It would be helpful to know on which ship you will be sailing. It is probably, my guess, Allure, Oasis, or Conquest. If a Royal Caribbean ship, you will be sailing from Terminal 18. If Conquest, probably from Terminal 19. For either of these Terminals, the easiest access is the western entrance rather than the Eisenhower Blvd., North, entrance. Signs are plentiful, the port police and employees are really helpful, and having your Passports and travel documents easily within reach when you enter the Port will hasten your entry.

Port Everglades has a web site with parking information on it. It may also be of help to you. Have a great cruise!