Ladies ... dress question

racergirl

Would I be too casual for formal night if I wore a nice, slightly sexy church dress? Would they allow me in the dining room? I'm trying to find a more formal dress, but haven't yet. I cruise in about a week.

I have a wedding to go to in mid June and wanted to pick a dress that I could wear at the wedding and also for formal, or elegant night on the cruise. Not sure how formal or casual I should go with the dress.

Wish I could see pics of what people are wearing since they changed the dress code from formal to elegant. I don't think my son's will be wearing suits, they want to wear dockers and dress shirts and my husband will probably do the same, is that too casual?

Would I be too casual for formal night if I wore a nice, slightly sexy church dress? Would they allow me in the dining room? I'm trying to find a more formal dress, but haven't yet. I cruise in about a week.

LOL What is a slightly sexy church dress?

It kind of seems like a waste of money unless you get dressed up a lot. I'm working with a secretary's salary so I can't afford something I will just wear once! Ha Ha! But maybe I will become a frequent cruiser and I can invest in one or two nice cocktail dresses!

Remember, Carnival has relaxed their dress code starting 5/19/08. I usually wear black pants. Here it is for Ladies:

Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Judy

I don't think church and sexy should be said in the same sentence:eek: but anyways.. you should be fine.. not sure if you are aware of the fashion board here.. those ladies would be sure to let ya know..:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

That's what I'd like to know. Why would you wear a sexy dress to church? What kind of church do you attend?

We are a really small Church and we have been trying to figure out ways to draw more people....This may just be the answer!;) I'll have Drew bring it up at his Deacon/Elder's meeting next week.:D Oh on second thought, I am about the youngest one there, so maybe we might think this over before we asked all our 90 somethings to wear a "sexy" dress to Church!:eek:

Seriously, you will be fine, and although we are all funning with you, it's just that. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!:)

We are a really small Church and we have been trying to figure out ways to draw more people....This may just be the answer!;) I'll have Drew bring it up at his Deacon/Elder's meeting next week.:D Oh on second thought' date=' I am about the youngest one there, so maybe we might think this over before we asked all our 90 somethings to wear a "sexy" dress to Church!:eek:

[/quote']

My DH is Chairman of the Board at our small church - and I joke that I can get anything I want at church, since I sleep with the Chairman! We really get going when I'm having lunch with the Pastor's wife and the Treasurer's wife!

Being a Southern Baptist, I'm trying to picture a "sexy church dress"...:eek:

Archived