For/Against the "FunPhone" App

Are you For/Against the "FunPhone" App?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Are you For/Against the "FunPhone" App?

• I think this app is a great idea!
    • Nope. I don't really care for this idea.

Are you for/against the "FunPhone" App? I am against it. The reason I enjoy cruises is to step outside of "reality". That means no phone calls, texts, and not having to watch/listen to others do the same. This is what I love about cruising! We will continue to use our Walkie Talkies even if this app costs $1.00.

Ridiculous. Maybe I don't want to listen to you on your walkie talkie. I'm certain you won't hear me text my son to come to the cabin or meet us for dinner. But seriously, you would be bothered that you can see me text?

If you dont like it, then dont download it.. assuming you even have a iphone. I dont, so it makes no nevermind to me.

I only have a old fashioned cell phone and a tablet I take, so couldnt use it if I wanted to.

No one is forcing you to use it.

Ridiculous. Maybe I don't want to listen to you on your walkie talkie. I'm certain you won't hear me text my son to come to the cabin or meet us for dinner. But seriously, you would be bothered that you can see me text?

Yes. But I will see him lol... The texting part is not really a big deal for me, but I highly dislike the talking on the phone part.

I would love to be able to have access to the fun times on my phone and I also would love to be able to get a hold of my husband when we are separated on the ship. I think its a great idea!

Yes. But I will see him lol... The texting part is not really a big deal for me, but I highly dislike the talking on the phone part.

I think most people prefer texting these days. It would probably better for you if people have the app instead of walkie talkies. I edited my op about the watching me before I saw your reply. :)

If this app works and its not too expensive to use onboard...then you betcha I will be using it. My biggest worry about our cruise next year is how will I keep in touch with my sons.

Pretty sure my texting won't bother anyone...if so there is nothing I can do about that! I am on vacation and I typically dont let anything bother me...sooooo not worth it :)

I would love to be able to have access to the fun times on my phone and I also would love to be able to get a hold of my husband when we are separated on the ship. I think its a great idea!

I think right now it's just for texting and calling others that are on the ship. It seems like it's a way to use the WiFi for low cost without eating up a lot of the bandwith.

With a 15 year old daughter I think the app would come in handy so we can text (she refuses to call people) and meet up or just a text check-in every now and again! I find the walkie-talkie thing a little irritating (but I can understand it from a parents perspective)

We are on the Breeze this Sunday and I plan on trying out the app!

Anything to the incessant irritating sound of walkie talkies. On our last cruise we were in the MDR for lunch and a group of ADULTS (40's) were yelling on theirs trying to tell their father where to meet them for lunch. It was so frustrating to listen to. I'm personally for it, but probably won't use it.

You left out option 3.

Who cares.

Why respond to a thread you don't care about?

In answer to another question, I am guessing I'd pay about $50 for the week if my entire family could use it (4 people). More than that and it would be questionable.

We've used it on Norwegian Epic, and absolutely loved being able to keep track of each other, and the folks we were traveling with, via our cell phones. This is the future of cruising. Kudos to Carnival for coming up with this, and I hope that it brings them lots of revenue.

Why respond to a thread you don't care about?

In answer to another question, I am guessing I'd pay about $50 for the week if my entire family could use it (4 people). More than that and it would be questionable.

When the first thread about this appeared, somebody posted that NCL has a similar app that runs $8 a week. So hopefully Carnival would be similar.

Well I highly dislike having to listen to those annoying walkie talkies...at least with a phone call you only hear one side of the conversation and no static or annoying call sound

Archived