Barcelona "must eats"?

What are you Barcelona "must eat" restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Please list restaurant name, meal, location (not address just near "landmark").

I am most specifically interested in near Sagrada Familia, Plaza Cataluna, Las Ramblas , Parc Guell....but others might be interested in other locations.

So please list your "must eat" restaurant name, location, and meal (B,L,D).

Thanks to all.

Is it only for yourself?

Tripadvisor Barcelona already lists hundreds and hundreds of restaurants. It is probably the "go to first" option for most people.

Although initially it looks like a huge amount of research to read them, you can reduce the numbers by using the filters on the left side.

You can filter by the neighbourhood you want, the type of meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) price range, food type (such as vegetarian, vegan etc) and by the style of cuisine you are interested in (such as Spanish, Italian, Chinese etc)

Although some cruise pax might give you suggestions, you will probably get far more info on possibilities which would suit your tastes and budget from that site than you would get here.

Caracoles for the experience. Go at lunchtime when it is much quieter.

You will get a table next to the kitchen and you can take your time.

They have a website. Reviews like all restaurants are mixed, but its somewhere we always go and have never been disappointed.

Cerveseria Catalana – 236 Carrer de Mallora - well known tapas establishment offering high quality food at affordable prices. You can sit at the bar, inside the restaurant, or on the terrace outside when the weather is nice. It’s the perfect place to have a Barcelona tapas experience! – a local gem. 1 block from Passeig de Gracia.

We had an incredible dinner here - the prices were shockingly low!

Wouldn't call "must" but we liked these two mid-range restaurants belonging to same company, La Polpa and Balthazar. Both located in Eixample district. As far as Cervicheria Catalana is concerned I think it's over promoted and therefore hard to get in. Last time I was there wait was close to 1 hr and menu is nothing special.

http://www.grupandilana.com/es/restaurantes/balthazar

http://www.grupandilana.com/es/restaurantes/la-polpa-restaurant

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The cafeteria on the top floor of the El Corte Ingles department store in Plaza Catalunya. Wonderful views over Barcelona and a cheap cup of coffee. Probably no Michelin stars though....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If the food and service is as good as the same store in Lisbon it will be excellent. I have paid a lot more and had far worse.

Sensi have a few locations in Barcelona - excellent tapas. http://www.sensi.es/tapas/?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral

For something a little more special the tasting menu at Montiel was outstanding http://restaurantmontiel.com/la-carta/#rm-carta|2

I also agree about using Trip Advisor. It's my go-to source for restaurant recommendations and a far better source of information than this board

Sensi have a few locations in Barcelona - excellent tapas. http://www.sensi.es/tapas/?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral

For something a little more special the tasting menu at Montiel was outstanding http://restaurantmontiel.com/la-carta/#rm-carta|2

I also agree about using Trip Advisor. It's my go-to source for restaurant recommendations and a far better source of information than this board

I am a huge TripAdvisor believer...and “contributor”....however, I also believe that cruises provide awesome information on Cruise Critic!

The cafeteria on the top floor of the El Corte Ingles department store in Plaza Catalunya. Wonderful views over Barcelona and a cheap cup of coffee. Probably no Michelin stars though....

Great views!!! I was so surprised when we stopped by. Alot of quick offers as well as an oyster bar and cocktails.

Bodega de los Providores in street of same name offer a good selection of tapas and isn’t full of tourists. It’s just off Paseo de Gracia.

The view from the top of El Corte Ingles is good, as already mentioned. They also do good meatballs(albondigas) as a tapa.

Pretty views from there. However one has to realize it is cafeteria style. Food options were “ok”. One should at least check it out

El Corte Ingles has cafeteria and a restaurant. However, I wouldn’t have a proper evening meal in a department store. The cafeteria is fine for a coffee, beer, tapa or cake.

Alltheir stores throughout Spain and Portugal have more or less the same layout and the same menu with maybe a few regional things added.