Nov 12 dawn

Prthead4

It is getting ridicoulous the dawn is the only NCL ship leaving from San Juan why can't this company make a decision already. I do not see how they expect people to go down to San Juan in a month it is just a bad idea

I can't believe you are thinking this way. They may be the only ship leaving out of S. Juan that date but what about the ports on the itinerary. Do you realize they have to find ports that are available and find an embarkation port as well? Sure it is frustrating. Heck we are frustrated cause we know our western C. cruise leaving on the 10th is going to be faced with huge crowds in every port but we also understand what the cruise lines and the natives are going through right now. I am sure NCL is hoping you can still sail out of S.Juan. It isn't just a matter of flipping a coin. There is a lot at stake here.

I agree - I am on the Nov 3rd sailing Boston to San Juan. I was supposed to spend three nights at the Embassy Suites. I don't even know if it's open! I also will have to get from ship to the hotel and the hotel to the airport. Will there be taxis and gas by then? So NCL will wait until the last minute to let me know where we are sailing to and there will be no flights available to fly home right after the cruise or fly home from somewhere else. To make it even worse I have friends joining us on this cruise from Germany. Try changing international flights last minute. They really should have changed these itineraries as soon as possible since the Dawn is only doing San Juan departures for a short time and then repositioning to Tampa.

I agree - I am on the Nov 3rd sailing Boston to San Juan. I was supposed to spend three nights at the Embassy Suites. I don't even know if it's open! I also will have to get from ship to the hotel and the hotel to the airport. Will there be taxis and gas by then? So NCL will wait until the last minute to let me know where we are sailing to and there will be no flights available to fly home right after the cruise or fly home from somewhere else. To make it even worse I have friends joining us on this cruise from Germany. Try changing international flights last minute. They really should have changed these itineraries as soon as possible since the Dawn is only doing San Juan departures for a short time and then repositioning to Tampa.

I would agree this is very frustrating.

Maybe one of the reasons they have not changed is because of all those folks that have flights already out of for arriving, and into San Juan for the next cruise and would have to change them. And the people that live in San Juan and would be boarding from there. I did not look it up, but I believe the port is open and things are rough there, but there should be improvement a month from now.

They are in a rough place. No idea how they can make a decision.

The Embassy Suite San Juan webpage says they are not accepting reservations through Oct 31st. Maybe they expect to open on Nov 1st?

Again - no matter NCL does, it is gonna suck. Good luck to everybody.

NCL is completely out of line. If anyone has watched the news last few days , San Juan is in very dire straights. The port is open with emergency supplies with food and water for their residents. There is no fuel for hospital generators, cars, taxis. To expect that in one month the hotels will have food with all their employess getting to work via car or bus , power restored and life as usual is insane. NCL should let its customers know , so they can make plans. I was hoping to go on the Dawn due to its unique intinerary. If anyone gets email please post ASAP the changes.

As I reported in another thread. We are also on the Nov.12th Dawn Cruise. I have been checking the on-line check-in and noticed that they had increased the number of excursions from 69 to 79. All the excursions are at the original ports of call. I feel for the people on the Islands that have been affected so much. I would rather have the cruise canceled or ports changed than visit damaged Islands that have barely recovered. Yes the Islands need our tourist business, but I would rather donate money to them, than having desperate people asking for money or robbing us. Also I would prefer not going on excursions that are halfway ready. I want to support these Islands, but after they have a chance to recover.

We are the 19th sailing. Delta just emailed us yesterday saying there would be no charge to change or completely re-book our flights should we no long want/be able to go to SJ. 1. Thank you Delta! and 2. Maybe they know something NCL does not (or does not want to publicly say yet). Food for thought.

I am on the November 3 cruise out of Boston and await info I see on line

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/destinations/everything-you-need-to-know-about-puerto-rico-post-maria

I also got a refund credit on Jet blue on my flight back to Boston as seats have opened up and a price drop .

they will make changes no charge up till Nov 1. 2017

I am on the November 3 cruise out of Boston and await info I see on line

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/destinations/everything-you-need-to-know-about-puerto-rico-post-maria

I also got a refund credit on Jet blue on my flight back to Boston as seats have opened up and a price drop .

they will make changes no charge up till Nov 1. 2017

We're on this sailing too. I'm assuming you did not cancel your flight but got a credit because of the price drop?

I would agree this is very frustrating.

Maybe one of the reasons they have not changed is because of all those folks that have flights already out of for arriving, and into San Juan for the next cruise and would have to change them. And the people that live in San Juan and would be boarding from there. I did not look it up, but I believe the port is open and things are rough there, but there should be improvement a month from now.

They are in a rough place. No idea how they can make a decision.

I agree 100%. No matter what they choice they make, they are likely going to upset half the people booked on these sailings. Some will cheer leaving from Florida, where others who have pre-paid air and hotels in San Juan, plus the people who live in Puerto Rico and were expecting to simply drive to the port, would not be happy if they change the embarkation point. NCL is in a no-win situation it would seem.

I don't trust that Cruisehive article regarding St Maarten.

Here is an update from someone who lives there:

St Maarten update

• By Barbara Cannegieter <barcann at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 13:10:12 +0000

Good morning

Firsts of all let me say, that I am touched by the stories coming out of Dominica and Puerto Rico. I wish our sister islands a quick recovery, as quick as possible. We all know recovery is slow, but recover we all will, if we get the proper help.

St Maarten (SXM) is busy cleaning up still. Each day looks a little bit better. but there are still mounds of debris and twisted zinc all around. As you drive around the island, you see totally destroyed structures, you see structures and homes with walls standing but no roofs. You see very little structures with no damage at all.

Our main town on the Dutch side , Philipsburg, still had no electricity for the most part so businesses have been unable to properly access damage and begin repairs.

Our airport is badly damaged, and still not open for commercial flights. see article

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/69706-irma-causes-millions-in-damage-to-airport

Supplies are coming in slowly. With the cargo pier badly damaged, they can only handle a few containers daily.

Some supermarkets are open and slowly replenishing their shelves. Some restaurants also are open for limited hours.

Our curfew currently is from 9 PM til 6 AM.

Things are better 22 days after the hurricane but we still have a long long way to go.

Good luck and best wishes to all of those who have suffered so many losses from these hurricanes.

called again today. Same crap script with and added "we have over 100 sailings to be rescheduled. we are doing it in Sailing date order. REALLY???? And Why are Flordia sailings in Dec. are already changed?? But not Nov. out of SJ ???? I'm beyond ticked off.....insurance doesn't pay off unless they cancel so i'm stuck

FYI The Embassy is now stating 12/15/17. I got a call and was told most likely all Hilton hotels in PR will not reopen until 1/1/18.