Pride of America - Ocean View Cabins Quick info please?

Hello, We have never sailed on NCL.

Looking at POA, I am wondering exactly which Ocean View Cabins do NOT have pull down berths.

It seems that the forward, cat. OC, cabins on deck 4 do not have any pull down berths, and are layed out more like a balcony cabin, but with the window.

Is it ONLY those very few cabins? (they are showing 'Sold Out')

Do other Ocean View cabins, like on deck 7, that are marked with the triangle, occupancy up to 3, have a pull down for the third passenger? The descriptions do not always mention pull down bunks.

I just tried their CHAT, but am not sure I really got good, correct info.

Thanks!!!

It seems that there are simply NO ocean view cabins without at least one pull down hanging on the wall???

It seems that the info and photos on the web-site are incorrect, and they do know this.

No OV rooms have any sitting sofa at all?

Darn... Not sure if it is worth getting on this NCL ship for the itinerary or not.

I suggest that you do some research on this website:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/pride-of-america-349/oceanview-cabin-obstructed-view-348576/

As you can see not all oceanview cabins have the overhead banks and some have couches.

In my experience on Pride of America - it is the oceanviews with sleeping accommodation for 4 that seem to have the overhead bunks and those OVs for 3 seem to have the couch. However I cannot guarantee that this is true for all 4s and 3s.

BTW in my experience if you are travelling in a group of 3 - the overhead bunk cabins for 4 are by far a better choice - more room to move around. If there are just 2 of you, the couch would probably be preferable. So my advice look for a cabin that accommodates 3 and try to determine if it has a couch.

Also go to the NCL website:

The following is a description of the different configurations in OVs on Deck 4:

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-ship/pride-of-america/deck-plans#dsr1

In the past I have always found DESCRIPTIONS on the NCL website are pretty accurate, PHOTOS on the NCL website less so.

NCLA designed the ship to pack as many as they can on their weekly POA sailings and most folks don't have problems with the cabin - prices had gone up over the past decade, whew ... we sailed in 2009 & got a great price for 3 OV cabins.

Most OV are triple or quad occupancies, and yes, with the few exceptions of double occupanies & just as few with a sofabed, majority of the remaining have upper/pullman bed. It does extend slightly out of the wall (not recessed into the ceiling) but it's not too bad - as the rooms are "wider" than those on the newer *Away class ships.

It is a very port intensive itinerary and we're hardly in our rooms, out to breakfast & then hit the pavement by 8 AM and coming back late ... sometimes just in time before they close down the MDR or buffet for regular dinner.

Some of the obstructed OV on deck 7 with triple occupancies have pulldown bed - it is the same sized OV as those marked as quads - there isn't enough space for a sofa, as far as I can recall.

This is from 1 of the OV - #4506 on the POA. You will noticed that it's quad occupancies with 2 bed flipped up against the wall. We asked our RS to turn our beds 90 degree as it was just 2 of us - 2nd. view from the picture window looking toward the entrance ... there is no room to put a sofabed anywhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d6sqom8zw788vg/DSCON00140.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq7rfsyoemb2ono/DSCON00142.JPG?dl=0

I am understanding that the web-site is not correct. And, the web-site needs attention.

While I am not sure about the third, and fourth, pull down.

If what I am hearing is correct, NO ocean view cabins have any type of sofa.

I have been told that Third occupancy will always be a pull-down.

And, I am not seeing any OV cabins that do not have the third, or fourth, occupancy symbol.

If anybody has personal experience with an ocean view without any pulldowns, maybe even photos, I am sure that would me much appreciated.

Perhaps there are a few, forward on deck four, that are actually a max occupancy of (2)???

A photo would show what those cabins look like.

NCLA designed the ship to pack as many as they can on their weekly POA sailings and most folks don't have problems with the cabin - prices had gone up over the past decade, whew ... we sailed in 2009 & got a great price for 3 OV cabins.

Most OV are triple or quad occupancies, and yes, with the few exceptions of double occupanies & just as few with a sofabed, majority of the remaining have upper/pullman bed. It does extend slightly out of the wall (not recessed into the ceiling) but it's not too bad - as the rooms are "wider" than those on the newer *Away class ships.

It is a very port intensive itinerary and we're hardly in our rooms, out to breakfast & then hit the pavement by 8 AM and coming back late ... sometimes just in time before they close down the MDR or buffet for regular dinner.

Some of the obstructed OV on deck 7 with triple occupancies have pulldown bed - it is the same sized OV as those marked as quads - there isn't enough space for a sofa, as far as I can recall.

This is from 1 of the OV - #4506 on the POA. You will noticed that it's quad occupancies with 2 bed flipped up against the wall. We asked our RS to turn our beds 90 degree as it was just 2 of us - 2nd. view from the picture window looking toward the entrance ... there is no room to put a sofabed anywhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d6sqom8zw788vg/DSCON00140.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq7rfsyoemb2ono/DSCON00142.JPG?dl=0

did you ask your room steward to move the bed? I would prefer it the way you have it.

If what I am hearing is correct, NO ocean view cabins have any type of sofa.

I have been told that Third occupancy will always be a pull-down.

This is simply untrue. Once again I suggest you do some research on this website

https://www.cruisecritic.com/pride-of-america-deck-plans/dp/obstructed-oceanview-ok/cc/

If you take the time to read the page above you will discover that on Deck 7 cabins 7100, 7066, 7058, 7558, 7134 and 7618 are all ocean views with couches.

I went and looked at a web-site, geared for travel agents, that might have more info,

There are photos of a few of those cabins on deck 4, and they are all the standard, window behind the bed, OV cabin.

No little sofa there.

The only ones I see that are different are the larger Handicapped cabins.

Zeno, what I have posted, I have heard straight from NCL.

Again, a lot of confusion, and inconsistency with their web-site.

And, I have been researching.

I also see that the cabins you mention are Obstructed Ocean View.

On Deck 7, it looks like 7104, 7106, 7108, and 7110, along with 7604, 7606, 7608, and 7610 might be the better layout, with a pull out sofa???

Some have mentioned OV cabins that might have an occupancy of max-two, with no pull-downs.

I would prefer this, if possible, because they do take up space... Plenty of comments on that.

But, I don't seem to be finding those.

On Deck 7, it looks like 7104, 7106, 7108, and 7110, along with 7604, 7606, 7608, and 7610 might be the better layout, with a pull out sofa???

Judging from past NCl (and POA experience) you are likely correct about the cabins you listed re: pullout sofa.

I also think cabins 7644, 7144, 7652 and 7152 may have the sofa.

The things to look out for - the triangle generally means - sofa. The Plus sign means pull-down bunks. Also beware of "family" OV - I can pretty much guarantee they will have the pull-downs - so avoid "family" and plus signs.

I think it's likely that Mid-Ship OV with picture window and a marked with a triangle will have the sofa:

So look at category OA (with a triangle) and possibly category OC (with a triangle) (I am not quite as sure of these).

The thing that annoys me most about the website is that they basically give photos and layouts that can be contradictory - so if you lack experience with NCL ships - it can get pretty confusing. In our case luckily I was familiar with the configuration for the obstructed views - so I knew which cabin to select. (Unlike you we wanted a pulldown -having had one previously on POA and found that it worked very well for 3 people.) Good luck - I have found on every cruise line we have been on that getting the exact configuration you want can be challenging.

Hello, We have never sailed on NCL.

Looking at POA, I am wondering exactly which Ocean View Cabins do NOT have pull down berths.

It seems that the forward, cat. OC, cabins on deck 4 do not have any pull down berths, and are layed out more like a balcony cabin, but with the window.

Is it ONLY those very few cabins? (they are showing 'Sold Out')

Do other Ocean View cabins, like on deck 7, that are marked with the triangle, occupancy up to 3, have a pull down for the third passenger? The descriptions do not always mention pull down bunks.

I just tried their CHAT, but am not sure I really got good, correct info.

Thanks!!!

We stayed in an OV cabin on our cruise this past August and I don't recall bunk beds wall pull outs but it did have a sofa.

1553514177_IMG_1393(3).JPG.3cead711a0b1d439af09c25570f92def.JPG