No upgrade banner :-(

jancl57

80 days out till our Boston/Bermuda cruise. Was hoping to see the "lets get you upgraded banner" when I logged into myncl this morning.... boo....didn't get it. Hoping at some point today it will appear...

Initially, a limited number of ships were on the automated bids. Most of the smaller ships are still on the old "call the upsells desk 2 weeks before cruise" system. We are on the Breakaway to Bermuda and got the MyNCL banner exactly on day 80.

Initially, a limited number of ships were on the automated bids. Most of the smaller ships are still on the old "call the upsells desk 2 weeks before cruise" system. We are on the Breakaway to Bermuda and got the MyNCL banner exactly on day 80.

Thanks for the replies. I had read on other threads that the Dawn was participating in the new automated bids. Have also read the banner was on some folks MyNCL then disappeared. I'll just bide my time. May call and see what the deal is if I don't receive the banner in a few days.

Thanks for the replies. I had read on other threads that the Dawn was participating in the new automated bids. Have also read the banner was on some folks MyNCL then disappeared. I'll just bide my time. May call and see what the deal is if I don't receive the banner in a few days.

I would call. Maybe they can generate an email to direct you to the bidding page - it looks like the bidding is being handled by a third party. No one has the banner right now and not everyone gets an email. Like others have said the banner just disappeared for everyone around last week. The only way I'm aware of to get to the bid page is via the email or if you had the banner and already bid you have a confirmation email on your bid with a link to go change your bid or bid on other rooms.

I would call. Maybe they can generate an email to direct you to the bidding page - it looks like the bidding is being handled by a third party. No one has the banner right now and not everyone gets an email. Like others have said the banner just disappeared for everyone around last week. The only way I'm aware of to get to the bid page is via the email or if you had the banner and already bid you have a confirmation email on your bid with a link to go change your bid or bid on other rooms.

Thanks....think I should call the upsell number?

Yes, you should call the upsell number. I did, and they upsold me from an obstructed oceanview to a MA mid ship mini suite for $250. Have nothing to lose by calling. I hear stories how the upsell office is so rude, but the two women I talked to were extremely nice.

Yes, you should call the upsell number. I did, and they upsold me from an obstructed oceanview to a MA mid ship mini suite for $250. Have nothing to lose by calling. I hear stories how the upsell office is so rude, but the two women I talked to were extremely nice.

Woman I spoke to was very nice....was that $250 pp or total? When are you sailing and on what ship? Thanks for info!

Woman I spoke to was very nice....was that $250 pp or total? When are you sailing and on what ship? Thanks for info!

It was $250 pp, but we only paid $750 pp for the obstructed oceanview, so it made sense to go with it. We are sailing April 9 on the Jade to the Western Caribbean. So excited we can hardly wait! I am traveling with my niece who has never cruised before, and she does not know I have upgraded our cabin. It will be so fun to see her surprise!

It was $250 pp, but we only paid $750 pp for the obstructed oceanview, so it made sense to go with it. We are sailing April 9 on the Jade to the Western Caribbean. So excited we can hardly wait! I am traveling with my niece who has never cruised before, and she does not know I have upgraded our cabin. It will be so fun to see her surprise!

Sorry for the 20 questions....but when did you call the upsell department? Obviously April 9 is more then 2 weeks out (barely I know). Just curious... Thanks!

Sorry for the 20 questions....but when did you call the upsell department? Obviously April 9 is more then 2 weeks out (barely I know). Just curious... Thanks!

Poohbear is sailing in the jade. As far as I'm aware the jade is not on the bid program yet. So unfortunately, his or her input is not helpful for us here.

Poohbear is sailing in the jade. As far as I'm aware the jade is not on the bid program yet. So unfortunately, his or her input is not helpful for us here.

It's now a moot point...I called back and spoke to another very nice woman. She checked to see if my TA opted in to the upgrade program....they had...but I'm still not eligible for the bidding process because of the promotion that was used to book my cruise. Disappointed, but we did get a really good price on our OV stateroom. Would have liked to at least have had a shot at winning a bid for a balcony. Not going to complain. We will have an amazing time regardless.

What promotion was that? Was it because you got a low fare or because you already got a stateroom upgrade?

Because we got a low fare. We originally booked an inside, but decided to pay the difference and get an OV. We didn't "get" an upgrade. We basically canceled and rebooked the OV at a higher rate...but it was about $400 less then if we had booked through NCL directly.