what is perks for pride of america suite?

ccjwyh

I think I need some help on understanding the perks of pride of america suite. I read some posts, said it includes free bottle water, drink and ect, but some said no. Anyone has the explanation for this?

thanks!:)

PoA suites get the same perks as suites on every other ship that doesn't have the Haven.

All full suites get one large bottle of water and one bottle of sparkling wine. You get snacks and treats from the butler and no charge room service for all meals. You also get a private breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty restaurants.

OS and DOS suites get several bottles of liquor and included bottled water and mixers.

There's much more, too! We loved our Penthouse Suite on the PoA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PoA suites get the same perks as suites on every other ship that doesn't have the Haven.

All full suites get one large bottle of water and one bottle of sparkling wine. You get snacks and treats from the butler and no charge room service for all meals. You also get a private breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty restaurants.

OS and DOS suites get several bottles of liquor and included bottled water and mixers.

Thanks ryarger. I am new to NCL. private breakfast and lunch are for all passages in the suite? we have 5 in the suite, and can I choose any sepcialty restaurants before the sailing day?

Thanks ryarger. I am new to NCL. private breakfast and lunch are for all passages in the suite? we have 5 in the suite, and can I choose any sepcialty restaurants before the sailing day?

Yes indeed, everyone booked in the suite has the same privileges.

Also talk to your butler about in-room dining. Nothing like breakfast in bed or a sunset meal on your balcony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to CC.

Breakfast and lunch is at Cagneys for all suite passengers. Also get priority tender.

On POA you can only get breakfast and lunch off the main room service menu - they won't serve Cagney's breakfast or lunch in your room like they do on the other ships.

OS and the one DOS on POA don't get the bottles of liquor due to state laws apparently. They do get 3 bottles of wine from a list though.

• 2 months later...
Welcome to CC.

Breakfast and lunch is at Cagneys for all suite passengers. Also get priority tender.

On POA you can only get breakfast and lunch off the main room service menu - they won't serve Cagney's breakfast or lunch in your room like they do on the other ships.

Do you (or anyone viewing this thread) happen to know what time Cagney's opens for breakfast daily to Suite Passengers? Cannot seem to find this out anywhere. Thought someone in this specific thread might be in the know. I even found a copy of the ships "newspaper" online but they don't have the hours listed there for Cagney's breakfast and lunch. I'm sure it's because this option only applies to suite guests.

Do you (or anyone viewing this thread) happen to know what time Cagney's opens for breakfast daily to Suite Passengers? Cannot seem to find this out anywhere. Thought someone in this specific thread might be in the know. I even found a copy of the ships "newspaper" online but they don't have the hours listed there for Cagney's breakfast and lunch. I'm sure it's because this option only applies to suite guests.

We're not early risers so I can't say for sure. Some time between 6-7. We'd typically get there after 8. I know it's open for suite breakfast till 10.

It definitely not open at 4am! When we did the sunrise excursion to Haleakala, they set up an early breakfast at the Cadillac Grill.

I'm pretty sure I have the memo scanned into documents. Let me check.

Found it - 6:30 to 9:30 and Sat to 8:30.

Lunch noon to 2.

Excellent! Thank you for being so organized! We will be exiting the ship super early each morning for our golf excursions and we were hoping to be able to take advantage of Cagney's for breakfast since we booked a suite. I think 6:30 will work out most days. Appreciate the help.

Excellent! Thank you for being so organized! We will be exiting the ship super early each morning for our golf excursions and we were hoping to be able to take advantage of Cagney's for breakfast since we booked a suite. I think 6:30 will work out most days. Appreciate the help.

Opens at 6 on debarkation day if I am not mistaken.

FYI - for tendering at Kona it had 7-10:30 meet at Napa Wine Bar (just in front of Cagneys).

• 2 weeks later...
Can suite guests purchase a bottle of liquor for the cabin? Through room service? I know the liquor laws are quirky and I certainly haven't figured them out yet. Any info?

Thanks!

I typed "POA liquor" in to search box here on Cruise Critic and a several threads came up. Not all the info seems accurate (or consistent!) I think those who sail with NCL regularly, but who have never been on the POA ship, attempt to answer questions based on their NCL experience. In reality, the POA has very different rules in place than all other NCL ships, especially regarding liquor.

I have never cruised NCL however, since we are cruising on the POA in August, celebrating our 30th anniversary, enjoy our evening cocktails, and are staying in a Deluxe Owner's Suite, I have concerned myself with finding answers to appease my drunken intentions while onboard. :eek:

Unfortunately, the answer appears to be "No" to your question. Due to the Hawaiian laws, (which I have not studied so I'm taking others' word for it) no "bar set-ups" are allowed anywhere on the ship except behind the public area bars. The only hard liquor to be had is in the form of a mixed drink which would be made by a bartender. I don't see why you couldn't order pre-made mixed drinks through your Butler and have them brought to the suite (at a hefty price which may or may not matter to some) but then, I could be wrong about that.

The complimentary 3 bottles of liquor for suite guests which is offered (I have not read anywhere yet that this is a "real" offer on POA except on forums, so I'm not even sure it exists) is in the form of wine or champagne when cruising NCL's POA in Hawaii.

All that said, I still wonder if there are single "airplane" bottles that can be purchased and brought into the room. Not sure. It's all a little fuzzy and quite honestly, I have read so many conflicting reviews, I'm not sure what to expect. We will likely resolve to drinking wine or bubbly while we're in the room and save the hard stuff for elsewhere.

Regardless of the rules, the drinks will find me! :tropical-drink::bottle-pop::cocktail::wine-glass::whiskey-glass:

Right, the OS and DOS on POA will get to pick 3 bottles of wine from a list unlike the other NCL ships where you can pick 3 bottles of booze from the limited list. Also, those rooms get one bottle of champagne. No little bottles outside of room and no buying bar service in advance.

I'd have to check from a picture what else was in fridge and would be extra charge. As mentioned the soda and bottled water is free in the room.

I typed "POA liquor" in to search box here on Cruise Critic and a several threads came up. Not all the info seems accurate (or consistent!) I think those who sail with NCL regularly, but who have never been on the POA ship, attempt to answer questions based on their NCL experience. In reality, the POA has very different rules in place than all other NCL ships, especially regarding liquor.

I have never cruised NCL however, since we are cruising on the POA in August, celebrating our 30th anniversary, enjoy our evening cocktails, and are staying in a Deluxe Owner's Suite, I have concerned myself with finding answers to appease my drunken intentions while onboard. :eek:

Unfortunately, the answer appears to be "No" to your question. Due to the Hawaiian laws, (which I have not studied so I'm taking others' word for it) no "bar set-ups" are allowed anywhere on the ship except behind the public area bars. The only hard liquor to be had is in the form of a mixed drink which would be made by a bartender. I don't see why you couldn't order pre-made mixed drinks through your Butler and have them brought to the suite (at a hefty price which may or may not matter to some) but then, I could be wrong about that.

The complimentary 3 bottles of liquor for suite guests which is offered (I have not read anywhere yet that this is a "real" offer on POA except on forums, so I'm not even sure it exists) is in the form of wine or champagne when cruising NCL's POA in Hawaii.

All that said, I still wonder if there are single "airplane" bottles that can be purchased and brought into the room. Not sure. It's all a little fuzzy and quite honestly, I have read so many conflicting reviews, I'm not sure what to expect. We will likely resolve to drinking wine or bubbly while we're in the room and save the hard stuff for elsewhere.

Regardless of the rules, the drinks will find me! :tropical-drink::bottle-pop::cocktail::wine-glass::whiskey-glass:

One other thing - since you are on 12, it is a very short walk to the doors leading outside and there is the Key West Bar. From looking at Dailies for a couple days, the hours were 12-6:30. Next closest bar is down one floor just aft of the pools - Ocean Drive and had hours like 9a-7p. Next closest bar is Gold Rush Saloon just a bit aft of the pool deck port side with hours 12 to 11:30.

One other thing - since you are on 12, it is a very short walk to the doors leading outside and there is the Key West Bar. From looking at Dailies for a couple days, the hours were 12-6:30. Next closest bar is down one floor just aft of the pools - Ocean Drive and had hours like 9a-7p. Next closest bar is Gold Rush Saloon just a bit aft of the pool deck port side with hours 12 to 11:30.

dexddd, thank you! Seems to be plenty of options all around. I'm not opposed to using that stocked mini fridge either. Even with the charge.

dexddd, thank you! Seems to be plenty of options all around. I'm not opposed to using that stocked mini fridge either. Even with the charge.

I looked at pics on phone and didn't have any there of inside of fridge so can't tell for sure if little bottles. Seems to me there were and we just pulled them out and put them underneath in drawer but I can't say for sure.

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2016 at 4:05 AM, dexddd said:

Welcome to CC.

Bumping this up since I’m sailing POA soon