How's the Star doing now

diamondj

Anyone heard how Star is since the azipod incident off Melbourne. When is she due back into Europe and will she make it without further problems?

Just asking for reassurance before our cruise from Venice in September.:cool:

I haven't heard anything here about problems with the ship recently, so one could assume all is well.

Because of this, the ship, sadly, is no longer offering passengers an opportunity to have their pictures taken with the ship's Azipods. Bummer.

star-azipod-vac-photo1.jpg

The Azipods were fine on the Feb 18th-March 9th cruise. I am not onboard for the present cruise, but I figure no news is good news. I am due back on March 27th-April 16th Dubai to Venice. So the Star will be in Venice on April 16th ready to start the European season.

Anyone heard how Star is since the azipod incident off Melbourne. When is she due back into Europe and will she make it without further problems?

I think you could describe it as "inbetween breakdowns".

I am actually interested in this as well since we booked a cruise out of Venice but in August.... We haven't paid it all yet cause I am waiting to see how things go since it had problems in December and January. We have though the plan B in case there are problems before our sailing but still I would like to go on that cruise...

The Azipods were fine on the Feb 18th-March 9th cruise. I am not onboard for the present cruise, but I figure no news is good news. I am due back on March 27th-April 16th Dubai to Venice. So the Star will be in Venice on April 16th ready to start the European season.

Keep us posted!!

We were also thinking about this itinerary on Celebrity as of 3rd of April but then we considered it too long for our first cruise. Enjoy!!

I haven't heard anything here about problems with the ship recently, so one could assume all is well.

Because of this, the ship, sadly, is no longer offering passengers an opportunity to have their pictures taken with the ship's Azipods. Bummer.

star-azipod-vac-photo1.jpg

🤣 This is said like it is a bad thing this can't be done any longer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone, you all seem reassured so I will be positive and assume all will be well now. Enjoy your cruises 😎👍

You are aware that this wasnt a one off problem, and that this ship has been having azipod problems with associated short notice changed itineries since 2015 if not earlier? One comment about no news being good news........arent you easily reassured.

You are aware that this wasnt a one off problem, and that this ship has been having azipod problems with associated short notice changed itineries since 2015 if not earlier? One comment about no news being good news........arent you easily reassured.

Correct. Multiple problems over the years, starting in 2004 when the ship was less than 3 years old, through 2015 and culminating in the famous "cruise to nowhere" (well, 4 days in Melbourne) and 6 cancelled ports.

Still fighting for our "promised full refund" (if you consider "full" as $1000 less than you paid you will be fine with NCL's accounting). Even though it is running normally now, the ship was still repaired on the fly (non-drydock) take that for whatever it is worth.

Yeah, you're right, you have me sussed. I was trying to sound positive, but knowing the past history, it's hard to be as excited as normal on the run down to a cruise, thinking that the same might happen again. Have had this booked for so long and don't want to give it up due to "what if!" MUST THINK POSITIVE. ( and God help NCL if it all goes wrong again). Come on guys, let's enjoy.

Correct. Multiple problems over the years, starting in 2004 when the ship was less than 3 years old, through 2015 and culminating in the famous "cruise to nowhere" (well, 4 days in Melbourne) and 6 cancelled ports.

Still fighting for our "promised full refund" (if you consider "full" as $1000 less than you paid you will be fine with NCL's accounting). Even though it is running normally now, the ship was still repaired on the fly (non-drydock) take that for whatever it is worth.

If it wasn't in dry dock how can you see the Azipods in the photo?

A lot of doom mongers about I'm booked and it doesn't bother me;p

Even though it is running normally now, the ship was still repaired on the fly (non-drydock) take that for whatever it is worth.

What it is worth is that the vast majority of the azipod system both in volume and in complexity and number of components are inside the ship and don't require a drydock. Does your car need to be raised up on a service lift to replace a fan belt?

If it wasn't in dry dock how can you see the Azipods in the photo?

A lot of doom mongers about I'm booked and it doesn't bother me;p

That photo is thanks to the wonders of photo shop and green screen. The drydock background is from a year or two ago.

I am intently watching as well....and I am not going until next May. :eek::eek: Wanted to go back to the Med for our 10th anniversary and they have a great 10 day itinerary. Doubly nervous as it will be many ports and will disembark in a different city.