Residing near an NCL home port

Something fun!

I was thinking more in terms of a short driving distance (being able to leave home the morning of the cruise), not necessarily living on top of the port. Home prices in that manner are all relative anyway. After living near the coast in Massachusetts, the prices aren't so shocking. I could definitively be swayed to live in Florida rather than the Carolinas just to be able to be home the day of embarkation or disembarkation with a repo out of Miami or Tampa. New Orleans, while further, would be another driving option. I guess I have the crusing bug that is stronger than my fear of sink holes and hurricanes. The headaches of the TSA and the airlines are making flying even more unappealing with every passing year also.

ummmmmm..I live in Charleston and only about 10 minutes from the port. :confused: . Plus all the Florida ports are within a days drive. (granted the south FL ports are a long drive, but I can easily get off the ship in the morn and still sleep in my own bed that night.)

Central Florida!

I’m an hour away from Port Canaveral, 2-2½ hours from port of Tampa, 3½ -4 hours from Port of Miami. Oh, and there’s always Ft. Lauderdale!

Though my wife and I are NCL loyal right now (we just started cruising) we’ve got dozens of choices no more than four hours from our driveway if we ever decide to switch it up.

SOUNDS GREAT. Can I come live with you? BTW you also have the Mouse to visit too. :p

Most of us Central Floridians don't go to Disney...we can't afford it. 😂

I don’t go because I spend an inordinate amount of time working there!

Pretty sure I can count the number of rides I haven’t worked on, in the last 13 years, with out having to take off my shoes, lol.

I moved to Miami from California to avoid having to fly across the country to go on a cruise. Met my husband in Miami. Jackpot! We moved 2 years ago to get away from the Florida traffic but now we drive 9 hours each way to go on a cruise twice a year. I'd love to see more ships homeport in Jacksonville or Charleston or even more ships in Port Canaveral.