Getting Nervous

nyyhoneybee

The closer it comes to leaving, the more nervous I'm getting. We are sailing on Saturday with a 6 1/2 month old. We are bringing a stroller, car seat, food, meds, pack & play, inflatable tub...basically you name it, I think we got it.

It's me & my husband along with my mother & grandmother. I usually don't mind going with the flow at the ports, but I'm nervous with a baby.

Eastern Caribbean, St. Thomas, St. Martin and San Juan. Out of the adults, only hubby hasn't been to the ports.

I wish I knew why I was so nervous that something is going to go wrong :/

We did it 5 years ago when our youngest was just 7months old. We were a little nervous as well. But it all worked out. Instead of being Type A people rushing to get off the boat at every stop, we took our time. We enjoyed it and as far as we were able to tell our 7 month old did as well.

Relax and take a deep breath. It will be fine. That is a great age to travel with. I bet your baby is going to get so spoiled on the cruise. The crew are so in love with babies. Many crew members have their own at home and can't cuddle with them- so they absolutely light up with kids onboard.

Make sure you take an umbrella stroller. It collapses easily and the bulky stroller will be annoying. The umbrella stroller works great for the long walks from the cabin to the buffet and for nice little strolls in the evening. I never used a front or back carrier in the caribbean- it's too hot and sticky for that.

One piece of advise, during take off give your child a bottle of formula or watered down juice - this will help with the pressure on their little ears. I did this with both my boys and neither of them cried that their ears hurt.

I was so nervous of taking my baby in the Ocean at that age, like I would drop the baby or he would get washed away. So bring some type of little vest with you if you intend to go to the beach. They have little life vests and I just felt more comfortable taking him in the ocean in that- just in case. The only time baby will have a chance to swim is on land- the pools onboard don't allow diapers of any kind but there are these gyser that spray water. It isn't technically a play area for diapered kids but I wouldn't feel funny about letting the baby splash there.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Thanks everyone! Rebecca it's one of the reasons why we got her the inflatable pool I can always bring it pool side on a sea day. As for the beach, she has a water toy that she sits in that we will hold.

Just worried something will go wrong I guess

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

There is nothing to fear at any of your ports! You'll be fine...if you handle your child while "out and about" at home, it will be no different in any of the places you're going.

I didn't see diapers on your list!

Two big boxes of diapers, as I have no idea how she will react to disposables, we use cloth at home :)

She's so well behaved and good 95% of the time I'm hoping it will stay the same

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk