Silhouette Captain

shofer

Anybody have any idea which Captain will helm our ship on our November 3 Trans-Atlantic?:halo::halo: It has been 5 years since I was on Celebrity and I couldn't tell you who was Captain on that cruise.

Sue

I am always fascinated by people who like to know who the captain is. In over seventy cruises and thirty four years I can only recall the name of one skipper, a magnificent Italian by the name of Dichtel. I can't even remember his ship. I am a very trusting guy; if Celebrity puts him in charge, I trust he knows the pointy end goes first. The other 70+ masters were OK, too,; not one of them ran us aground or docked in the wrong port. :)

But there's always a first time for everything, and we'll be twenty one days on the Silhouette in December, so maybe I'd better be more concerned.

I am always fascinated by people who like to know who the captain is. In over seventy cruises and thirty four years I can only recall the name of one skipper, a magnificent Italian by the name of Dichtel. I can't even remember his ship. I am a very trusting guy; if Celebrity puts him in charge, I trust he knows the pointy end goes first. The other 70+ masters were OK, too,; not one of them ran us aground or docked in the wrong port. :)

But there's always a first time for everything, and we'll be twenty one days on the Silhouette in December, so maybe I'd better be more concerned.

You need to be present at Cpt. Kafetzis talk on the ship, and his derisive commentary about being called 'skipper'. EM

I only asked because we had Captain Marek on Vision of the Seas last year and he was so funny and engaging. Realize he won't be on Silhouette. After reading the post about the funny things other captains have said, it reminded me of Captain Marek.

Sue

I only asked because we had Captain Marek on Vision of the Seas last year and he was so funny and engaging. Realize he won't be on Silhouette. After reading the post about the funny things other captains have said, it reminded me of Captain Marek.

Sue

I didn't mean to imply there's anything wrong with wanting to know who the skipper is, just that it makes no difference to me.