LIVE from the Celebrity SILHOUETTE - 1st Sept to the Fjords

groryjm

Thank you for the video tour...we are in a Silhouette RS next year. Question....I see there are outlets on the dressing table,in the bedroom. Are there any outlets In the Living area? If so, how many and where..in today’s day and age of electronics, it becomes a challenge when trying to have 4 people in a RS that all need to power up devices. Thank you!

There are in fact two in the bedroom on the dressing table but on the right as one sits at it. One European and one US. There are another pair on the work top by the kitchen sink. A further pair are on the floor by the living room side lamp and telephone but the European one of this pair is taken by the lamp.

Stavanger

we arrived in a little early for me to be up for sail in but by the time I woke the sun was rising and the clouds were looking spectacular. So far we have not actually had any rain during the day only at night when we have been on the ship. This I gather is unusual as it apparently always rains in Norway.:D

st1.JPG

st2.JPG

We took the excursion to Lysefjord Cruise which involves a 20 min high speed dash across to the fjord entrance the boarding point is a few hundred yards from the docking point and the run certainly blows away the cobwebs if you stay up top. Once there the views are great and the boat headed in to a water fall so we could taste the water, to pulpit rock for a photo op then to an escarpment inhabited by friendly goats a a cave full of trolls ,or so the guide said. on the way out we passed the "Petroleum Museum" which she recommended for a visit on our return

st3.JPG

st4.JPG

st5.JPG

st6.JPG

st7.JPG

st8.JPG

Enjoying your review so far. We are long time X cruisers and did our first Azamara cruise July 24-August 8 just a month ago. It was 15 nights and we went all the way to Honnigsvag at the North Cape. Norway was forever on our bucket list and we just chose the longest and most comprehensive itinerary we could find. (fyi Azamara is wonderful). We just loved sailing into and out of the beautiful fjords and seeing the towns and cities all the way up and down the coast. It was a very unusual warm time in northern Europe - as much as 30 degrees higher than normal. We were wearing shorts almost every day except at the North Cape and that was just a jacket. I smiled looking at the ship's wool blankets! Those never appeared on our cruise ha ha. The good part of that was it was completely clear and blue every single day so there were no visibility issues. I look forward to continuing on your journey and reminiscing about our recent trip. We've never sailed in a RS either - mostly SS and one CS. Enjoy that beautiful ship and continue enjoying your journey up the coast of Norway.

Sea day

Today is a sea day and we started the day with breakfast at luminae, made possible by an extra hour in bed due to the hour moving forward, which was excellent.

We received two exclusive invitations today one for the bridge and one for the galley. I gather from Niko that the bridge was for RS and PH and the Galley for the other suites. My DD has visited the bridge on at least three other ships but never seen the galley so after discusing yesterday with Niko she arranged for us to do the bridge tour and then wisk us off to join the end of the galley. This worked perfectly and we got the best of both.

Best fore ...

s1.JPG

and best aft views on the ship.....

s2.JPG

the Galley tour lead by the executive chef

s3.JPG

s4.JPG

Alesund

We docked early this morning and I have to confess that I slept through it. Once up I took a few pics from the balcony and this is the first time that starboard has been against the dock. My original plan had been to climb the 418 steps to the view point and while the steps didn't worry me. I very happily did the 1350 in Kotor to the castle viewpoint. My first view of the steps however rather put me off as edges are not something I cope well with

al3.JPG

I'm curious as to what you mean by the "edges" in the highlighted phrase?

This photo above I take it you used a zoom and weren't climbing the steps.

I'm enjoying your review and will bookmark it for reference when planning our own excursions next September.

Keep it coming!

Norris

There are in fact two in the bedroom on the dressing table but on the right as one sits at it. One European and one US. There are another pair on the work top by the kitchen sink. A further pair are on the floor by the living room side lamp and telephone but the European one of this pair is taken by the lamp.

Thanks a million! :)

I'm curious as to what you mean by the "edges" in the highlighted phrase?

This photo above I take it you used a zoom and weren't climbing the steps.

Norris

Yes taken with a telephoto lens. My problem is I am not good with cliff edjes and some hights form what I saw in a video I had seen the night before I was unsure the actuall sight , alobe it through a telepoto lens, filled me with dread. So I am affraid I bottled it.