Going to try again.....help please

snowhite1019

Apparently the last time I posted this I had the wrong name. I spoke with Tours with Ellis and he gave me a choice of the following tours. Can anybody recommend any of these - having a hard time deciding. Can definitely be active but not so much that I'm having a hard time keeping up. I have to make a decision soon and was hoping somebody had some input:

Apparently the last time I posted I had the wrong name. Really hoping somebody can give me some input so I can make a decision - not sure what's going on as Cruise Critic used to be incredibly acftive the last time I went on a cruise so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I spoke to Tours with Ellis and he has 3 different rain forest tours which I've listed below. I really want to see the beauty, possibly waterfalls and maybe go swimming in a pool. We can definitely handle some activity but can't handle a lot of climbing or high exertion. They all sound wonderful and I am confused as to which one to choose - has anybody gone on any of these and, if so, can you recommend one:

1. Charco Azul (blue pool)/Guavate (the pork highway). This is my favorite and in my opinion the best as it offers something for everyone. If youI are interested in a beautiful not to strenous walk through a rain forest this is it. Its all indigenous flora of Puerto Rico except for the bamboo which is everywhere after crossing four bridges you will get to Charco Azul where you can swim or just enjoy the beauty. From there we will go to the world famous Guavate where you can partake of the best roast pig in the world, we will go to Andrew Zimmer's favorite you'll even see his picture on the wall. This is a tour of the real Puerto Rico that most tourist never get to see. The cost is $ 50 pp. minimum $150. (food not included)

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/charco-azul-carite-forest/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDkxH0WKSRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs9pVUIdS24

2. Charco Frio (cold pool). This is located in the rain forest on the back side of El Yunque and its definately one of the most if not the most beautiful pool on the island, you can swim jump from a rope swing or just enjoy. Its a more strenuous hike about 20 minutes with a climb down some rocks to get to the pool. On the way in we stop at the Basillo house where you can change and use the facilities. From there we will take the beach road back where we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch or for groups of 6 or more Mrs. Basillo will cook a wonderful dinner for you. The cost is $65 pp. minimum $ 195. (food not included) This tour is not available on Saturdays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob0vVfCxbsQ

https://www.yelp.com/biz/loiza-beach-loiza

3.Last but certainly not least El Yunque National Park this is the rain forest most frequented by tourists, most of the flora you see has been planted and is not indigenous of Puerto Rico. We will stop at Coco Falls and then on to Yokohu tower from there I will take you to a beautiful place to swim away from the crowds you can even zip line there. From El Yunque we will take the beach road back and stop for lunch. The cost is $ 50 pp. minimum $150. If you want to zip line the cost is $65 pp. minimum $195. Plus the cost of the Zip Line.

(food not included)

Hi Snow, I also noticed that the activity level is REALLY low on CC (maybe everyone moved over to another social media site?) as there are only 8 ppl on my roll call which leaves in 2 months!

Sorry I can't comment on which tour to take, my previous trips to San Juan have been about visiting the old town and El Morro. Please let me know what you end up doing and how it went!

Dawn

I went on #3 with a different company. It was a Saturday and it was pretty crowded at all the stops. The forest is beautiful, though. I would go back again during the week.

My friend went on the pork tour but I don't think her tour weng to any water.She didn't rave about the tour and from some reviews people say the town looks very run down.

Number 2 sounds great but I can't tell you anything about that one.

More people are posting to Facebook than using forums. I don't think they're getting a quality response like you often do on cruisecritic.

• 3 weeks later...
I went on #3 with a different company. It was a Saturday and it was pretty crowded at all the stops. The forest is beautiful, though. I would go back again during the week.

My friend went on the pork tour but I don't think her tour weng to any water.She didn't rave about the tour and from some reviews people say the town looks very run down.

Number 2 sounds great but I can't tell you anything about that one.

More people are posting to Facebook than using forums. I don't think they're getting a quality response like you often do on cruisecritic.

Well, of course it was crowded. You had several thousand people get off a cruise ship and many of them wanted to do that trip... As for the pork tour - the pork is good. Of course, the town is "run down" - it is a very rural part of PR. What were they expecting?? I'd never take a "tour" just to do the pork route - rent a car and do it yourself. I did that as a day trip when I was in PR on business - I was able to put in a beach stop to boot!

You must have a dud of a roll call. We've always had 80, 100, or more in ours including the one that leaves in December. Sorry you have such low turnout!

Yup, I too have a dud of a roll call, less than twenty ppl, not active at all. The roll call on that other site is very active over 70 ppl.

Here's a link to my photo review of #2. It was a great tour. You may want to read the whole thread because I elaborated on some things after my initial post. Let me know if you have any questions. And good luck deciding!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2453469

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just read your post and loved your pic's.

I can only imagine the devastation now, after Maria.

Had planned a rain forest tour in December.

I still hope we can make it to Puerto Rico.

My Heart goes out to all.

Thanks for posting.

Yup, I too have a dud of a roll call, less than twenty ppl, not active at all. The roll call on that other site is very active over 70 ppl.

Very curious what the "other site" is. Can you give me a hint? I want to check it out. Of course, I will never abandon Cruise Critic!