Xcaret

Luv2cruz1000

I was reading and someone commented it was hard to keep up with the guide. Can you go off on your own here or do you stay with a tour guide. Anyone done the tour with carnival and been in port for 8 hours. How long do you get to stay at Xcaret? Opinions on this excursion please

We have been to Xcaret twice. Once on our own and once with a guide. We saw more on our own, yes the guide does rush you but he makes sure you see the highlights. There is a lot to do at Xcaret. You need all day there so if you are in port 8 hours you will need all of them to really enjoy Xcaret.

I have been to Xcaret while staying at the resort next door and had a two-day pass.

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit because we could take our time. I think a cruise day experience would be really rushed and then you have the transport in addition. In the park you would need to know in advance where you wanted to go and make a plan. There is a lot of walking and events are at scheduled times. You would certainly miss the evening show, which is a highlight but for us personally went on a little too long.

I cannot imagine visiting with a guide - way too much to do and not everything will appeal to everyone.