Symphony of the Seas-- questions about where we dock in Naples

We're on the Symphony Med from Civitavecchia next month, with our first port day in Naples. I'm planning our day and am curious about where the ship docks and the best way to get to the Naples historic center city. I'm wondering how close the ship is and whether it is a close walk to Piazza Municipio. We will spend some time around Palazzo Reale and Castel Nuovo. DH wants to take a lot of pictures! If not a close walk, is there a shuttle?

After that, we may take the HOHO bus and visit the Museo Archeologico Nationale and the Museo Capodimonte . We will do some riding around, getting off for more pictures and to visit a few piazzas with their statues and fountains. DH is very healthy, but he is 82 and won't want to be walking for extended periods.

Lunch will probably be pizza; I'm reading Trip Advisor reviews to find a place that offers gluten free. During our previous travels in Italy, we have learned that most Italian restaurants are very aware of celiac, and offer options including dedicated ovens.

Thanks in advance for any input, especially about the docking. We can also take a cab to the 2 museums, but the HOHO gives us a chance to rest a bit while seeing other parts of the city. We also want to stroll along the Spaccanapoli pedestrian area a bit, admiring shop windows /markets.

This is a long port day, from 7:30AM to 8:30 PM. Our day won't be that long, but we'll be flexible.

Thanks,

Barb

We have visited Pompeii on a previous trip and are more interested in seeing the artifacts that came from both Pompeii and Herculaneum, as well as the artwork in the Capodimonte museum.

Edited by barb in ga
correct

Symphony docks at Stazione Marittima - 5 min away from Castel Nouvo and within walking distance of the historic city center.

BTW, yes, there is another cruise ship dock in Naples besides Stazione Marittima.

steamboats

Thanks for the input! We've traveled in Europe many times, but this is our first European Cruise. I'm a planner, so I mark a map with the highlights that I want to see, then plot out how best to get from place to place.

Thanks,

Barb