Water first time on Royal Carribean

noeasylove

I am going on the Royal Carribean Grandeaur of the Seas next year for my first cruise. I read the water policies and I know I can bring 12 bottles onboard my carry on. I am auto-immune and have kidney disease and I must drink the bottled water. I read that I can bring a case of water after filling out the proper forms and note from doctor. I am planning on bringing a 32 bottle case. The question is can I check the water or do I have to carry it on the same as I would the 12 bottles? Being disabled it would be difficult at best lugging that around. I also might be going with a wheel chair.

You can likely check the water, but I would put it in some sort of luggage.

However, there are alternatives.

Royal has a water package you can purchase pre-cruise. The water will be in your stateroom when you arrive.

You can also buy a Refreshment Beverage package, that includes unlimited bottled water.

You can likely check the water, but I would put it in some sort of luggage.

However, there are alternatives.

Royal has a water package you can purchase pre-cruise. The water will be in your stateroom when you arrive.

You can also buy a Refreshment Beverage package, that includes unlimited bottled water.

It limits the kind of water as they only sell Evian and it should not be fortified with anything like minerals etc...and this kind is. I really need to drink a minimum of 6 to 8 glasses a day. I will have to see how my potassium and magnesium levels are closer to the cruise before considering this option.

It limits the kind of water as they only sell Evian and it should not be fortified with anything like minerals etc...and this kind is. I really need to drink a minimum of 6 to 8 glasses a day. I will have to see how my potassium and magnesium levels are closer to the cruise before considering this option.

Here's an option for thought. Can you drink distilled water? I am assuming your need for bottled water is to have reduced minerals from the Reverse Osmosis filtering that most bottled water gets? You can arrange for distilled water in gallon jugs to be delivered to your cabin for medical reasons if you arrange with special needs.

Now, ship's water is from 3 sources: distilled from sea water producing distilled water, desalinated from sea water by Reverse Osmosis (the same process used in bottled water, producing the same reduction in mineral content), and water loaded from the municipal water source in port.

Generally, the distilled water provided for medical reasons is only a gallon or two per passenger for use in a CPAP machine, so there may not be a sufficient supply to provide you with drinking water for the entire cruise. However, using ship produced water can remedy this. Get a couple of gallon jugs of distilled water, and drink them. When empty, arrange with your cabin steward or guest services (pre-arranged through special needs) to get them refilled directly from the evaporator or RO unit, before the water goes through the calcium carbonate filter on its way to the storage tanks. The watermaking plant will be operating every night at sea, and during sea days, so the engineers can quite easily refill these jugs daily for you.

Again, this would all take some pre-planning and arranging with special needs, but it could solve your problem of lugging water onboard.

Oh wow I was hoping to put a copy of the doctors note with the water. If the person in your group does the water let me know what happens if you can. I am not familiar with the naughty room though I have heard it mentioned before.
We're not going until Dec. If that's before you're cruise I'll try to remember to come back here. Though they might forgo it, ships water would be fine it's just more of a convenience factor. If the water package royal sells wasn't so ridiculous they would just do that.

Naughty room is basically a room on the lower level where they put checked items when they think it's contraband. Not a big deal, but you'd have to haul it back to your cabin if it went there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk