Some questions on the Sun

My friends and I are considering the 3 night Bahamas cruise from Port Canaveral in August on the Sun. It would be for one of the girls' bachelorette parties, and we're really just looking forward to the 'free' drinks and being lazy for a weekend.

Just a couple questions:

• Is there an adult's only area? I'm on the Epic in a year and they have the H20 area, but I haven't seen anything similar mentioned for the Sun.

• What's the situation for 3 to an inside cabin? I know we'll be cramped, but it would be worth it for us, I believe, as we will only be sleeping/getting ready in the room.

• Any info on what will be changing during the April dry dock? I keep reading about the Norwegian Edge program, but I haven't seen any specifics on what will be changing.

Thanks in advance for your help, everyone!

My friends and I are considering the 3 night Bahamas cruise from Port Canaveral in August on the Sun. It would be for one of the girls' bachelorette parties, and we're really just looking forward to the 'free' drinks and being lazy for a weekend.

Just a couple questions:

• Is there an adult's only area? I'm on the Epic in a year and they have the H20 area, but I haven't seen anything similar mentioned for the Sun.

• What's the situation for 3 to an inside cabin? I know we'll be cramped, but it would be worth it for us, I believe, as we will only be sleeping/getting ready in the room.

• Any info on what will be changing during the April dry dock? I keep reading about the Norwegian Edge program, but I haven't seen any specifics on what will be changing.

Thanks in advance for your help, everyone!

I can tell you you’ll be paying 19.99 pppd under the new DSC. The extra 5.50 covers gratuities for your drinks. That,s a great deal IMO.

I haven’t seen any indication of an adult area. Closest thing would be Haven Suites. I may be way off base but this is just your basic booze cruise and I can’t see many parenting taking their young kids on this itinerary.

Maybe someone else knows about the upgrades. All I’ve heard is all new bedding. I’m sure there’s more to it. I’m on the first cruise after dry dock. Check back with me after 5/10.

The situation is you will be cramped.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can tell you you’ll be paying 19.99 pppd under the new DSC. The extra 5.50 covers gratuities for your drinks. That,s a great deal IMO.

I haven’t seen any indication of an adult area. Closest thing would be Haven Suites. I may be way off base but this is just your basic booze cruise and I can’t see many parenting taking their young kids on this itinerary.

Maybe someone else knows about the upgrades. All I’ve heard is all new bedding. I’m sure there’s more to it. I’m on the first cruise after dry dock. Check back with me after 5/10.

We have a booking on the Sun in Dec and had to pay gratuities on the drinks package?

We have a booking on the Sun in Dec and had to pay gratuities on the drinks package?

Booking from which port and how long is the cruise???

The higher 19.99 DSC is for open bar cruises out of Canaveral only 3/4 days.

Open Bar is different from the drinks package where you will pay separately for bartender gratuity.

Who can keep all these things straight???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome, can't wait to hear what you find out! We would be at our final payment on 5/22, so we'd be pretty much "stuck" but then, but I'm anxious to hear about it :)

Also, the group we're booking with actually has gratuities included as one of their perks, so the increase doesn't even hit me! Score!! Still feel like that's a good deal, regardless.

I would *hope* most people wouldn't take their kids for the "booze cruise" reason, but you never know! Some people looking for a quick getaway with the kiddos might not think that thru...

The Sun has no Haven. Only 20 individual suites. Most have great balconies. The Sun is one of the older ships it's not going to have the things the Epic has so don't get your hopes up for that.

That being said I've been on Epic once (DOS) and the Sun twice (aft PH) and the Sun is still my favorite ship.

Awesome, can't wait to hear what you find out! We would be at our final payment on 5/22, so we'd be pretty much "stuck" but then, but I'm anxious to hear about it :)

Also, the group we're booking with actually has gratuities included as one of their perks, so the increase doesn't even hit me! Score!! Still feel like that's a good deal, regardless.

I would *hope* most people wouldn't take their kids for the "booze cruise" reason, but you never know! Some people looking for a quick getaway with the kiddos might not think that thru...

One would hope there aren’t that many stupid parents. Oh wait ..... whatever was I thinking? There are.

Booking from which port and how long is the cruise???

The higher 19.99 DSC is for open bar cruises out of Canaveral only 3/4 days.

Open Bar is different from the drinks package where you will pay separately for bartender gratuity.

Who can keep all these things straight???

15 days out of Santiago, Chile. Nothing on the email about being limited to Port Canaveral.

The Sun has no Haven. Only 20 individual suites. Most have great balconies. The Sun is one of the older ships it's not going to have the things the Epic has so don't get your hopes up for that.

That being said I've been on Epic once (DOS) and the Sun twice (aft PH) and the Sun is still my favorite ship.

Well Duh. Guess that’s why I didn’t get an offer to upgrade to a Haven!!!

Happy to hear that SUN is your fave.

15 days out of Santiago, Chile. Nothing on the email about being limited to Port Canaveral.

No there wasn’t which is WHY I called them. After the CSR confirmed, I told him it was a very poorly crafted letter.

The key In my letter was where it said the SUN and SKY were all-inclusive cruises. Your cruise and my cruise don’t meet the legal standard for all-inclusive.

Take 15 minutes and call NCL. You’ll feel better.

No there wasn’t which is WHY I called them. After the CSR confirmed, I told him it was a very poorly crafted letter.

The key In my letter was where it said the SUN and SKY were all-inclusive cruises. Your cruise and my cruise don’t meet the legal standard for all-inclusive.

Take 15 minutes and call NCL. You’ll feel better.

TA almost said same word for word, thanks

The Sun is one of the older ships it's not going to have the things the Epic has so don't get your hopes up for that.

Oh, I know it won't have the same amenties. Was quickly reading up on it because this opportunity just came up yesterday. Was just hoping for an adult's only area. However, I think most schools will be back in session by the time we're on this trip, so hoping for the best! Not that it would ruin the experience, for sure, but still nice to have adult time without worrying about kiddos running around.

We are going May 28th for 4 nights, have pre-paid the grats and it was at the previous rate. Something about booking/paying before a certain date... found the email:

Norwegian Cruise Line is making a nominal adjustment to its daily service charges, effective April 1, 2018. Norwegian's discretionary daily service charges make it easy for guests to provide gratuities to the onboard staff dedicated to delivering superior guest service throughout the cruise.

To better address the demands of the enormously successful and the industry's only all-inclusive cruise experience offered on Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Sun, those ships' daily service charges will be:

$19.99 per person per day for inside, oceanview and balcony staterooms

$22.99 per person per day for suites

Any guest that has made a booking by March 31, 2018 will have the option of prepaying their service charges at the current rate if done prior to sail date. Guests with existing cruise reservations who have already pre-paid their service charges at the current rate are not affected.