$49 Deposit Sale

cfr70

Thank you to this board for mentioning the latest $49 deposit sale! I have a PVP that KNEW I was looking out for this sale to come back around and he did NOT give me a heads up about it, so BOO to him! If it weren't for this board, it would've passed me by!

I do have a question. I booked a Conquest 6 day itinerary in porthole cabin 2217 for $843 total tax incl. (solo booking so the deposit doubles to $98 but still great!)

If I decide I want to change it to an OV later on, is there a change fee for that and will they want more deposit? I know there's a change fee to change dates but unsure about cabin changes and if changes would affect the deposit price.

I'd ask my PVP but i'm pretty miffed at him at the moment for not being on the ball.

Thank you to this board for mentioning the latest $49 deposit sale! I have a PVP that KNEW I was looking out for this sale to come back around and he did NOT give me a heads up about it, so BOO to him! If it weren't for this board, it would've passed me by!

I do have a question. I booked a Conquest 6 day itinerary in porthole cabin 2217 for $843 total tax incl. (solo booking so the deposit doubles to $98 but still great!)

If I decide I want to change it to an OV later on, is there a change fee for that and will they want more deposit? I know there's a change fee to change dates but unsure about cabin changes and if changes would affect the deposit price.

I'd ask my PVP but i'm pretty miffed at him at the moment for not being on the ball.

Yes, if that $49 promotion is not running, you will need to pay the current deposit requirements.

Oooooh, thanks ... didn't know about this, but I went ahead and booked an anniversary cruise for next year. Can't beat that ....

Apparently Carnival isn't heavily advertising this sale? It's not even on the website and the $49 deposit doesn't show until you get to the final stage of booking. Thank God for these boards so some of us don't miss out!

Yes, if that $49 promotion is not running, you will need to pay the current deposit requirements.

Ok, I did book today under the $49 deposit for the porthole cabin. So if down the line I decide I want to change to an OV, would the $49 dep still apply or would they request the full deposit requirement since the sale would be over by then?

And is there a fee to change your cabin/upgrade after booking like there is for changing the cruise?

Ok, I did book today under the $49 deposit for the porthole cabin. So if down the line I decide I want to change to an OV, would the $49 dep still apply or would they request the full deposit requirement since the sale would be over by then?

And is there a fee to change your cabin/upgrade after booking like there is for changing the cruise?

You would need to pay the diff between the $49 and what ever the current deposit is for the current sale.

As long as you dont change sailing date, and dont downgrade your room you will not be charged a fee to change it.

KPfromCT is correct. I booked our cruise for next fall under the 50pp deposit promo, then when they had the 79pp promo I upgraded us to a large balcony and have to kick out the extra 58 dollars to cover the current deposit promo. Your best bet if you want to upgrade and aren't looking for a specific room wait till they run the 49 or 50pp promo again. They're always running promotions. It's just a matter if they're advertising the promotion or not.

This sale applies only to early saver fares. I'm not real sure on all the fine details but I think if you book under early saver you cannot make any changes or cancellations without large penalties? Someone else more knowledgeable might be able to shed more light. I don't like booking under early saver because it seems too restrictive in case you need to change your plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This sale applies only to early saver fares. I'm not real sure on all the fine details but I think if you book under early saver you cannot make any changes or cancellations without large penalties? Someone else more knowledgeable might be able to shed more light. I don't like booking under early saver because it seems too restrictive in case you need to change your plans.

You can upgrade but as I stated above you have to pay the current deposit if it's higher than the one that you booked under. Having said that if you have to cancel you will lose your deposit under the early saver fare. So for a 49 pp fare it would be 98 dollars you would lose.

KPfromCT is correct. I booked our cruise for next fall under the 50pp deposit promo, then when they had the 79pp promo I upgraded us to a large balcony and have to kick out the extra 58 dollars to cover the current deposit promo. Your best bet if you want to upgrade and aren't looking for a specific room wait till they run the 49 or 50pp promo again. They're always running promotions. It's just a matter if they're advertising the promotion or not.

Thanks to both of you for the info. I may just keep the porthole cabin as i've never tried it before, but if I do want to change, i'll wait for another $49 deposit sale come around to do so. For solos the regular dep is always twice ($500) and that's a heck of a lot of dough to cough up at once for me!

So if you book early saver is there any difference if you need to cancel your cruise? If you cancel AFTER you have paid in full, are the penalties different from any other booking? I tried to find this information but under the details it said *except early saver and whatever that last minute fare is called (can't remember) but it didn't tell you what the actual difference would be.

So if you book early saver is there any difference if you need to cancel your cruise? If you cancel AFTER you have paid in full, are the penalties different from any other booking? I tried to find this information but under the details it said *except early saver and whatever that last minute fare is called (can't remember) but it didn't tell you what the actual difference would be.

I think if you cancel an early saver cruise, you lose the deposit regardless if you paid in full or not. However, you can get to keep the deposit if you just change to another cruise, but then they charge you a "$50 Administration Fee".

I did this with an early saver fare a couple years ago. Since the deposit was non refundable, I just said to apply it to another cruise and I paid the $50 change fee. Hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but I think this is the only way you can cancel an early saver cruise without losing the deposit.

Since they only have $49 (per person) of your money, that's all you can lose. Not a large penalty.

Yes I am not worried at all about losing the $49 per person, I was wondering what happens if you cancel after full payment. Is it treated the same as other bookings? Like a different amount penalty depending on how close the cruise is. Or if you book early saver does that mean you forfeit everything once final payment is made regardless of how near or far your cruise is?

I have called the actual Carnival line to ask about this but every time I have called I get a different answer. To be honest I would never call and rely on the ones answering the phones to get ANYTHING right. I am constantly amazed at how little these people seem to know.

I tried just a few weeks ago to make a courtesy hold booking, I normally do it myself on the website but the website was crashing and it wasn't letting me do anything so I figured I'll just call and they can do it. Long Story short, when I got the confirmation it showed the wrong room and the hold was only good for 1 hour instead of the 48 hrs it normally is good for.

Is it that difficult to hire at least semi-competent people?

Yes I am not worried at all about losing the $49 per person, I was wondering what happens if you cancel after full payment. Is it treated the same as other bookings? Like a different amount penalty depending on how close the cruise is. Or if you book early saver does that mean you forfeit everything once final payment is made regardless of how near or far your cruise is?

I have called the actual Carnival line to ask about this but every time I have called I get a different answer. To be honest I would never call and rely on the ones answering the phones to get ANYTHING right. I am constantly amazed at how little these people seem to know.

I tried just a few weeks ago to make a courtesy hold booking, I normally do it myself on the website but the website was crashing and it wasn't letting me do anything so I figured I'll just call and they can do it. Long Story short, when I got the confirmation it showed the wrong room and the hold was only good for 1 hour instead of the 48 hrs it normally is good for.

Is it that difficult to hire at least semi-competent people?

If I remember correctly from last year when we finally paid off our cruise I clicked the is there a penalty for cancelling and it said 500 which was the amount of our deposit, but that was over a year ago and my memory is terrible these days.

Yes and yes full deposit required if you make a change.