2019 Solstice transpacific without Moorea

Redking

Hi learned repositioners,

We've just booked Solstice 2019 Hawaii to Sydney and noticed that Moorea is no longer part of the intinerary. Not a deal breaker, but I undertstaned that it's probably a better port of call than Papeete? Can we do a trip over from Papeete - no doubt Celebrity will offer an excursion for a handsome fee!

Papeete is the main port and most ships call there. You can easily do Moorea on your own for a day trip . The ferry leaves about 2 wharves along from where you will dock. You have the choice of the regular ferry or the fast ferry. When you arrive at Moorea there are usually taxi vans waiting to take you for a tour of the Island. I cant remember the cost but its pretty standard. There is only 1 road around the Island and the driver knows the ferry times and will get you back in time.

Before you leave just google for the ferry timetable .

Other ships still visit in 2019/2020 e.g. Regent so just some Celebrity specific reason.

My guess: since it's reduced the cruise by one night, a way of increasing the revenue (a bit like shrinking packet size) without being very visible as it's still "the Transpacific" "visiting the same destinations."

Other ships still visit in 2019/2020 e.g. Regent so just some Celebrity specific reason.

My guess: since it's reduced the cruise by one night, a way of increasing the revenue (a bit like shrinking packet size) without being very visible as it's still "the Transpacific" "visiting the same destinations."

Seems like a reasonable guess, I was thinking similar as they are turning a 19 into 18 night cruise for similar prices.

Seems like a reasonable guess, I was thinking similar as they are turning a 19 into 18 night cruise for similar prices.

Certainly makes you glad you got to see it when it was included.

As for pricing, I paid less than half what it is now for the same category... and it wasn't as cheap then as it had been before.

Certainly makes you glad you got to see it when it was included.

As for pricing, I paid less than half what it is now for the same category... and it wasn't as cheap then as it had been before.

Likewise, It was a lovely port to visit and certainly much nicer than Papeete. Perhaps they figure it was too similar to Bora Bora and if people really wanted to go to Moorea they still can from the capital.

Hi learned repositioners,

We've just booked Solstice 2019 Hawaii to Sydney and noticed that Moorea is no longer part of the intinerary. Not a deal breaker, but I undertstaned that it's probably a better port of call than Papeete? Can we do a trip over from Papeete - no doubt Celebrity will offer an excursion for a handsome fee!

I just finished booking this cruise too and noticed the omission of Moorea. :D

I am planning to ferry across as suggested as I really have only minor interest in Papeete.

RCI Radiance and Ovation look like they still stop at Moorea at least on the South-North itinerary which is all that's been released for now. Ovation seems to have dropped the old Explorer ports in Fiji going to Sydney direct from Bora Bora. :(