Three Favorite Evening Meals?

asctony

Seventy-three views and only 3 people who considered that they had 3 favorite evening meals on MSC in the Caribbean. I was hoping for some suggestions on the Italian/European meals that were served on MSC. Everything mentioned was beef and basically American type food, except for the risotto. My favorite was the Pork Cutlet. It was the best I have ever had on any cruise line. Happy Cruising!

A most delicious dish is 'Rice with Cuttle Fish Ink'.. I doubt it gets served in the Caribbean though.. most tasty, as are all the dishes 'non-American type'.

Do I detect a 'non-American' attitude? Have you cruised MSC in the Caribbean? Do you mean Sepia?

How there may be a 'non-American' attitude in my comment I don't know; anything but. Yes, I do mean Sepia, the quotes are there as that is how it was described in the menu. From the numerous posts on food aboard MSC in this forum, and the menus on MSC's website, menus are changed in the Caribbean as Americans would rather have their 'home type' food/akin to that served on US based Lines. If only more would be a bit adventurous and taste some of the admittedly, not very well described dishes, I am sure they would be loved.

I have not sailed MSC in the Caribbean and I doubt I would, just as I would not sail a US based line in the Med, unless perhaps they served Med Rim food. US based for the US areas & European for Europe, my philosophy:) Food is so subjective I'm afraid.. I love foods from all over the world and will try anything once, whatever the description... Oh except Dungeness Crab in San Francisco.. A Dungeness Crab to me, has one large and one small pincer and glows in the dark;)

Magwa:

I, too, am an adventurous diner! If I wanted American fare, I'd stay home! I want to experience the "local flavour" when I travel. I took a land trip to Italy once, and they fed us what THEY thought American's eat! We all complained and the response was that they thought it's what American's wanted.................not this one.

One gentleman at our table last year, ate nothing but steak or chicken from the grill menu.

Here's to another great cruise!

Mary Ann

Seventy-three views and only 3 people who considered that they had 3 favorite evening meals on MSC in the Caribbean. I was hoping for some suggestions on the Italian/European meals that were served on MSC. Everything mentioned was beef and basically American type food, except for the risotto. My favorite was the Pork Cutlet. It was the best I have ever had on any cruise line. Happy Cruising!

I enjoyed all of the dining room food on MSC. For dinner, I had risotto and a salad most nights and a slice of gorgonzola for dessert which was more than enough for me. Lunch had many standouts: rabbit (coniglio arrosto), tripe (trippa alla Fiorentina), cioppino, liver (fegato all Veneziana).

Breakfast was proscuitto, bread and cheese.

In the Med, all of the food was excellent in the dining room. I dislike buffets overall and MSC's was even worse than most, IMO, but the dining room food was outstanding.

I thought the ham was good, I can,t remember what nite it was served..Also the beef and pasta dish we had one nite was real good...all in all, most meals where good..except the lobster which after one taste got tossed and I ordered another entree..

I thought the ham was good, I can,t remember what nite it was served..Also the beef and pasta dish we had one nite was real good...all in all, most meals where good..except the lobster which after one taste got tossed and I ordered another entree..

Mark - what about the aubergine?:)

I am another person who was enamored with the risotto on board. Most nights I would have a split plate of risotto and pasta.

That being said, my absolute favourite was the risotto with pumpkin and truffle oil on the first night, and the risotto (Not exactly sure what it was now) with a lot of lemon. I didn't think it would work, but it was very good. This was on the Opera in March.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived