It Pays To Call

skid10

We are booked on Adventure for May 2018 and I check the website often for possible price decreases. I've seen lower pricing but only for a guarantee cabin and we definitely want to keep the specific cabin we have. Although other websites show available cabins, Royal is showing ONLY guarantee cabin prices for this category/sailing. I called RCCL to ask if they would give us that price, but let us keep the cabin we have. Of course they said no, BUT the rep reworked our pricing and saved us $55. Not a whole lot of money, but we'll gladly take it!

This also reinforces many of the "sale" threads. I booked last June. It was 60% off second passenger and $150 instant cash off. Today is only 50% off second passenger and $126 instant savings, yet the whole package comes out to $55 less because the base cruise price is less.

Point is that you may want to call and just let them run the numbers. The whole thing took only 15 minutes from the time I dialed.

I agree with calling. I saw a drop of around $100 last week for our Jan 2018 sailing so I called on it. The lady says I can actually do $340 less if you want that rate instead I asked if there was any difference and make sure I keep my room she just said nothing else would change. I have no idea what rate she gave me but I have the confirmation and my cruise is paid off so I will take it!

I agree with calling. I saw a drop of around $100 last week for our Jan 2018 sailing so I called on it. The lady says I can actually do $340 less if you want that rate instead I asked if there was any difference and make sure I keep my room she just said nothing else would change. I have no idea what rate she gave me but I have the confirmation and my cruise is paid off so I will take it!

She may have changed it to a non refundable deposit. I have heard of other people taking advantage of this.

This isn't RCC cruise. I've had three price drops for our cruise leaving on Oct 8/17. The first was before final payment . The next one 5 days after final payment. The last one was yesterday . The last I got an extra $250 OBC instead of the price drop. I always have PVP with the cruise lines I deal with.