Aft Balcony

We are looking at an aft balcony JS on Grandeur of the Seas. Are there any pro/con of aft balcony vs side JS? We will be on a fall Canada/NE cruise.

Deck 8 is better than Deck 7. On Deck 7, avoid the port corner - it's right over the sound system of the stage in the South Pacific lounge.

Deck 8 is better than Deck 7. On Deck 7, avoid the port corner - it's right over the sound system of the stage in the South Pacific lounge.

We had that cabin, 7150, 2 yrs ago, but had no problems with the sound at all and we even go to bed early. It’s over the Diamond Lounge now. I loved it because it was a corner aft, had a partial side view and an awesome walk-in-closet that was almost bigger than the bathroom! I don’t think they do so much in the South Pacific Lounge at night anymore. Maybe the Quest, but, we really didn’t notice or were bothered by any sound. Maybe I was just so happy to finally get an aft JS, that I didn’t care about any noises. Lol

Gwen [emoji3]

We've had 3 aft balconies, 2 on Rhapsody and 1 on Vision. LOVED THEM! You do get some vibration at sea at times. Not a big deal for us. We never had any noise issues. We were on deck 8 in JS's all 3 times. Had starboard corner.. largest balcony EVER! Wraps around the side. We did that in Alaska and had 10 or us on the balcony and had room for many more.

In the Greek Isles we had dead center aft. Also wonderful. HUGE balcony. Great for sightseeing.

In July we had the room next to the center aft cabin starboard. Same deal, wonderful for the "view" cruises. This was in the Baltics.

Only drawback is it's at the extreme aft end, so a walk to everything. But on the starboard side a few cabins forward is a "secret stairway" to the Spa an out to the Solarium so you can get up to the Park Cafe easily, etc.

For your cruise, since it's a "scenic" cruise, I'd grab the Aft. Any aft cabin affords wonderful views and you have tons of room. There is a table with chairs plus 2 loungers out there. I'd get the corner if possible for it's great size and ability to use the "wrap around" feature. But any of the others are great. Highly recommended.

We had 7650 on Grandeur, the starboard corner aft, two years ago. The balcony is huge. We had two chairs, two tables and two loungers set up, and still plenty of room to walk around. You do need to watch out for occasional soot from the ship stacks. Our cabin attendant cleaned for it every day, but look before you sit. The walk-in closet is a real treat, and was big enough to easily store our suitcases (which did not fit under the bed). No noise other than rare engine sounds when departing port. I booked the other corner aft as soon as the itineraries came out in Spring of 2016, and we set sail in two weeks.

We've had 3 aft balconies, 2 on Rhapsody and 1 on Vision. LOVED THEM! You do get some vibration at sea at times. Not a big deal for us. We never had any noise issues. We were on deck 8 in JS's all 3 times. Had starboard corner.. largest balcony EVER! Wraps around the side. We did that in Alaska and had 10 or us on the balcony and had room for many more.

In the Greek Isles we had dead center aft. Also wonderful. HUGE balcony. Great for sightseeing.

In July we had the room next to the center aft cabin starboard. Same deal, wonderful for the "view" cruises. This was in the Baltics.

Only drawback is it's at the extreme aft end, so a walk to everything. But on the starboard side a few cabins forward is a "secret stairway" to the Spa an out to the Solarium so you can get up to the Park Cafe easily, etc.

For your cruise, since it's a "scenic" cruise, I'd grab the Aft. Any aft cabin affords wonderful views and you have tons of room. There is a table with chairs plus 2 loungers out there. I'd get the corner if possible for it's great size and ability to use the "wrap around" feature. But any of the others are great. Highly recommended.

I was going to say the same thing. But it's so important that it's bears repeating. :D

When you are on a scenic cruise like Alaska, Eastern Med, and Canada, it's awesome to spend time out on that huge corner balcony looking all over the place. On our recent cruise on the Vision out of Quebec, we did see some whales as we sailed down the St.Lawrence.

I've been in 7156 on Grandeur. Loved it. Drawback: its a loooong walk if you need to make a quick run back to the room.

-Judy

That long walk means less dessert reaches my butt..... Need the walk to be longer.