Dining/Beverage/Excursion Discounts Frequent?

HumMayDum

Hey Everyone!

Just wondering, are these Dining/Beverage/Excursion discount weeks/days frequent? I think I'm going to miss the deal that will be ending tonight, so I'm just wondering if any more will be coming in before January 6th? Thank you!

Also wondering. Need to get my drink package, but my cruise isn't until January. I like the sale that is ending today- but I think I heard somewhere that they do sales on "Black Friday." Is that true? Is there any way to know that more sales will be on the way?????

THANKS

For my cruise just after Thanksgiving last year they had the same promo but only for certain sailings. I seem to remember it went away for a week or so then came back under another name & I booked another shore excursion then. But there’s no guarantee they’ll have the sale again so it’s probably best to buy now. I’m trying to decide whether I really need the drink package this time before the sale ends tonight... [emoji484]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Buy now. If a sale in the future is better it is easy to cancel and rebook at the cheaper rate. Personally I don't think there will be any better deals on drink packages, excursions etc on Black Friday.

Great advice, I bought at 20 percent off, but kept checking when it went to 25 percent off , I canceled and rebooked with lower drink package, most of my cruises recently have had drink and dinning package, rather not deal with RCCL for shore excursions , can get much better deals for less money

Great advice, I bought at 20 percent off, but kept checking when it went to 25 percent off , I canceled and rebooked with lower drink package, most of my cruises recently have had drink and dinning package, rather not deal with RCCL for shore excursions , can get much better deals for less money

Is there are a charge if I cancel a package?

Also, this is my first time cruising so I feel scared to book a private excursion because I don't know how long it will take to get off the ship? Would you have a better clue?

Drink package prices seem to be the same as the sale 3 weeks ago. I had bought an excursion at 10% off, but I cancelled it on Friday and bought it at 20% off. Regular price was $117, 10% off was $105 and now this current sale had it at $94.50. All prices CAD.

Also, this is my first time cruising so I feel scared to book a private excursion because I don't know how long it will take to get off the ship? Would you have a better clue?

No charge to cancel package, I understand it is so easy just to book trips with RCCL but they are over priced and crowded, check with roll call see what others are doing we had some great trips in Europe last year with our roll call friends , TripAdvisor is also great for research

No charge to cancel and re-book a package if the price goes down. In regards to private excursions, that's 90% of what we book anymore. Between the boards here and sites like Tripadvisor I do a ton of research to make sure that I'm booking the right tour. We've been booking primarily non cruise line tours for a few years now and haven't had a bad experience yet.

These experienced cruisers know about booking private excursions, but I say to you: If you are more comfortable, as a first time cruiser, sticking with ship's excursions, then stick with ship's excursions!!!!!

Buy now. If a sale in the future is better it is easy to cancel and rebook at the cheaper rate. Personally I don't think there will be any better deals on drink packages, excursions etc on Black Friday.

I haven't seen much price movement but might be because we are sailing over Christmas. Got the deluxe drink for $44 plus gratuity weeks ago and saw the refreshment go fro $26per day to $18 per day but dining and excursions don't move - can you get email notification not do you have to check cruise planner all the time? Hard to keep it all straight

I haven't seen much price movement but might be because we are sailing over Christmas. Got the deluxe drink for $44 plus gratuity weeks ago and saw the refreshment go fro $26per day to $18 per day but dining and excursions don't move - can you get email notification not do you have to check cruise planner all the time? Hard to keep it all straight

They are sending out emails, but if you are not getting them, just keep checking your Cruise Planner. And Cruise Critic.

You should be on your Roll Call. Someone "always" posts on your roll call. ;)

They are sending out emails, but if you are not getting them, just keep checking your Cruise Planner. And Cruise Critic.

You should be on your Roll Call. Someone "always" posts on your roll call. ;)

Thank you

Sales happen whenever someone hits your cruise on the dart board for the week. No way to tell when they'll be, or how good they'll be.

As has been said, you can book whenever and if a better deal comes along you can cancel your original order and re-order at the better price. There is no cost to do this, but it can be a few days for the refund to show up on your card. Also, if you are going to cancel you need to do it at least 3 days (I think) before you sail.

For both my upcoming cruises, nothing has gone on sale yet at all. I'm still patiently waiting.

Sales happen whenever someone hits your cruise on the dart board for the week. No way to tell when they'll be, or how good they'll be.

As has been said, you can book whenever and if a better deal comes along you can cancel your original order and re-order at the better price. There is no cost to do this, but it can be a few days for the refund to show up on your card. Also, if you are going to cancel you need to do it at least 3 days (I think) before you sail.

For both my upcoming cruises, nothing has gone on sale yet at all. I'm still patiently waiting.

I assume that your cruises sail after March 31, 2018.