Alaska wildlife conservation in Anchorage

JP-Cruise

I will be going to this place at the end of my land tour with NCL and I was wondering if this place allows people to be up close with the animals, like allowing to have a picture with the birds? Stuff like that?

we were just there The animals are all in fenced areas that the people are not allowed in. How close you can be to the animals depends on where they are, if they are walking or sitting near the fence or not. Its a pretty big area to give them room to roam. We took some pics with our family just outside the fence and the animals being them, if that makes sense

They offer a behind the scenes tour: https://www.alaskawildlife.org/tours-programs-2/

And just to clarify, the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center is an hour south of Anchorage.

Oh that's awesome. Ok thanks for the link. Ya I know some of these kinds of places over encounters with the animals. The sea life centre in Seward offers This so just wondering if this conservation centre offers anything like that

Oh that's awesome. Ok thanks for the link. Ya I know some of these kinds of places over encounters with the animals. The sea life centre in Seward offers This so just wondering if this conservation centre offers anything like that

That's awesome that with these behind the scenes extras you get a chance to feed bull moose and porcupines :). I would love to do this! But I am going to be on a cruise tour so I will check with the tour director if I can have this arranged :)

Here are photos from the wildlife center. Time it for the bear feeding in the afternoon & you will get some great pictures. Spent 3hrs here before driving down to Seward. Happy Travels, John

1268_edited-1_zpsa2qhrqat.jpg1528_edited-1_zpsvtdho1fn.jpg1609_edited-1_zpsoiojpe4q.jpg1826_edited-1_zpsnbmkwm4w.jpg1638_edited-1_zpsnpqnylr7.jpg

Here are photos from the wildlife center. Time it for the bear feeding in the afternoon & you will get some great pictures. Spent 3hrs here before driving down to Seward. Happy Travels, John

1268_edited-1_zpsa2qhrqat.jpg1528_edited-1_zpsvtdho1fn.jpg1609_edited-1_zpsoiojpe4q.jpg1826_edited-1_zpsnbmkwm4w.jpg1638_edited-1_zpsnpqnylr7.jpg

Those are the most amazing photos ever :)