A Crazie Dream...togas, PJs, blinky lights...and a peter.

floatingaway2525

November 5, 2010….Finally finally, it was time for our turn on Our Dream…and the Crazie Dreamers waited a loooooooooooong time….before the ship ever hit the water, our thread was up. Didn’t know what port we were sailing from, or where we would go… we only knew we were IN!!!

So on Friday 11/5, from 27 states and 3 countries….the Crazies converged on Port Canaveral, by plane, by train, and by car…to four or five different hotels…WOOOHOOO we were ready!!!

The hotels we used were mainly the Radisson, Country Inn, and Hampton…I heard no complaints! I stayed at the Hampton which for $99 included parking while on the cruise, and the shuttle to and from port, plus a hot breakfast. The others were similar, and Radisson has the best pool area!

We were nearly 200 strong by the time we sailed, plus 2 spirits (more on that later…) ALL Crazie Dreamers should feel free to jump in as we relive each day here, contribute your own pics, tales, and adventures since we covered the ship and ports far and wide!!!

Some of us decided on a meet at Fish Lips Friday night so after checking in, off we went!! It was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy cold, Florida decided to have its first cold snap and decided it would be a strong reminder that summer was over!! We had to resort to drastic measures <of the liquid kind> to brave the deck at Fish Lips and in the end, the wind won (it was in the 40's:eek:) and inside we went…it was loads of fun getting warm though!!!

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

One of my favorite group things is that first meeting with folks you have shared so much life with for so long!!! Lots of hugs and laughter later, along with a few libations and a great meal, we headed back to the hotel to finish sorting and re-packing:eek::rolleyes:...seriously, you know those fold-up bags Carnival sells on board to get home with? Well, I had one from my past cruising STUFFED with partay supplies and toys to board with!!! :p

We arranged the shuttle for 9:45 so we would be at port and checking in ASAP, love VIP!!! The next morning we grabbed some breakfast (I think) and the shuttle was a bit behind but not bad, and soon I was hanging over the driver’s neck waiting for my next favorite thing….first sightings are SO sweet!!!

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

The driver had a morning chuckle.... but we were almost there!!

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

I think by now everyone knows this, but JIC, Port Canaveral has boarding down to a science, it's sweet....bags checked, in the door, through security, and check-in, and pretty soon we were in the staging area gazing out the window at our home for the next blissful week WOOOHOO!!!!

The Scots were impatiently waiting too!

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

Hi Floatie. Are there other Crazies on this one that I might know?? I hope so and will search your pictures I am sure. thanks. Hope it was a great time, but Im betting it was, knowing you.

Hey Fire!! It was a fabulous time, glitches and all:p I think only Jeff and Aundrea from OKC you might have met? I dunno:confused: Mama Floatie was along!!:D And ummm...there will be some things you will recognize....no spoilers though...:p

$3.09 for gas???????????????????????? WOW...

Sorry, I saw that right under the whale tail and it shocked me...

Floatie, I am so excited to read this!!! I was hoping to go on this cruise, but once the date was picked, it just didn't work!!!

OK... who had a cove???

Anyone in cabin 2248??? I have that one on the MAGIC and wonder if the DREAM's slept three and if there are photos!!!!

Floatie, I am so excited to read this!!! I was hoping to go on this cruise, but once the date was picked, it just didn't work!!!

OK... who had a cove???

Anyone in cabin 2248??? I have that one on the MAGIC and wonder if the DREAM's slept three and if there are photos!!!!

Pretty sure that is either the Diesel or premium price...

Not to distract from the great review!

Can't wait to read it, as I am now less than 7 days away from cruise on the Dream!

OK... who had a cove???

HAHAHA Lambie...that is not the regular price, although it's higher here than out there!!!

Yes, Bob Anderson ummmI mean, Ward, had a cove, hopefully he will have pics cause I had an infamous "L" and it was amaaaaaaaazing!!! Pics to follow straight away!!!

Can't wait to read it, as I am now less than 7 days away from cruise on the Dream!

Steve... I guess I'm just spoiled with Texas gas prices!!! :o

Hey hey hey!!! Less than 7 days!!! You'll be DREAMin your life away!!!!! :)

Oh my gosh, you are in for a treat!! I will do my BEST to finish before you go:eek::rolleyes:...JK!!! I hope...:p;) IF you have any questions just jump in anytime!!

You know, I didn't take as many pics of the ship itself this time as I was on her in 2009 for the inaugural, there are lots of ship pics in that review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106825&highlight=

So lickety split we are on Lido WOOOOHOO!!! More hugs from new Crazie Dreamers we didn't see the night before, and for a new twist for me, I am toasting sailaway with...Bailey's and coffee:eek: Did I mention it was freeeeeezing??? The wind was wicked and it was in the 50's but felt a lot colder brrrr!!! The B & C did the trick!!:p

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

The Scots were now ready for lunch and we rounded up that first burger and fries, YUM...

IMG_3297.jpg

HAHAHA Lambie...that is not the regular price, although it's higher here than out there!!!

Yes, Bob Anderson ummmI mean, Ward, had a cove, hopefully he will have pics cause I had an infamous "L" and it was amaaaaaaaazing!!! Pics to follow straight away!!!

I have that L shaped cabin on the Conquest for Halloween... with the extra long balcony... or are you talking about the one on deck 2, with the two windows???

Floatie... I am so ready and excited to read your review!!!! :cool:

Man, I love sailaway!! These are pics of me that have been shared by my crazie dreamers, most unusual since I usually take the pics:p

Moresailaway.jpg

Now if you haven't been on Dream, the Lido is three levels but the upper two are designed like catwalks, with fabulous openings to the main Lido deck below along the sides...this pic is from the second level looking down at us!! Brilliant design improvement for air flow on hot days...in 50 degrees, not so much:rolleyes::p

Sailawayfun.jpg

I have that L shaped cabin on the Conquest for Halloween... with the extra long balcony... or are you talking about the one on deck 2, with the two windows???

Floatie... I am so ready and excited to read your review!!!! :cool:

That's the one Lambie, the extra long balcony!!! Fabulous!!!

I'm going down to the cabin right now!!:D

I could not believe I got this cabin, it was only a few months before we sailed when I confirmed a cabin choice and there it was!!!

This is the Upper deck and it's the last cabin before the aft wrap 6492...it's sideways because it's tucked in behind a crew storage and work area...so instead of going front to back it's side to side, and the long side makes it possible to have TWO windows AND the door out to the balcony along it, and the balcony runs the entire length of the cabin!!! WoooHooo I loved it!!! Now the bathroom is on the opposite side from where it always is and I WAS heading for the closet all week when I wanted the bathroom...:rolleyes: It was worth it!!!

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

So this cabin doesn't have a sofa, it has a table like the sofa tables and the seat that fits under the vanity counter...it works just fine and it's all about the balcony for sure...ahhhhhh stepping out there the first time and surveying the port activity while waiting to sailaway!!!

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

Fish Lips is right to the left of that gambling boat....

IMG_3311.jpg

Never mind the Coke, where's the rum truck???

IMG_3313.jpg

This is a favorite pic, my sister HeyJude and BIL DaytonaDan...were here, we're really here!!!!

IMG_3308.jpg

Bob has a few pictures, lets see if I cant get them posted this weekend:D

Archived