Pickleball on the Dawn 2/7/18 cruise

tejmar

I have made arrangements with the staff of the Dawn to set up some dates to play Pickleball on the ship. Anyone pickleball players or other shipmates on this cruise (2/7/18) interested in learning to play please respond to this thread. If I can get enough interest before the cruise I will bring my net system on board.

I read this with great interest, since we are pickleball fans!! However, we are on the January 17th sailing out of Tampa............

Awesome to see! I hope you are able to get a group together to play. It would be really great to see cruise lines add pickleball to their available activities. Have fun!

Hopefully, at the very least I will be able to get the crew interested in Pickleball and they will convince NCL that it is a great activity for cruises. Then maybe it will become a regular cruise ship activity for lo lines.

I have made arrangements with the staff of the Dawn to set up some dates to play Pickleball on the ship. Anyone pickleball players or other shipmates on this cruise (2/7/18) interested in learning to play please respond to this thread. If I can get enough interest before the cruise I will bring my net system on board.

Hi, I've never played pickleball before, but would be interested in learning.

Marie

Hi, I've never played pickleball before, but would be interested in learning.

Marie

When I meet with the events person during embarkation I’m going to see about announcing a meeting place to determine the number of people interested. I’m hoping there will be other players onboard to help out.

When I meet with the events person during embarkation I’m going to see about announcing a meeting place to determine the number of people interested. I’m hoping there will be other players onboard to help out.

Ask about a notice in " The Freestyle Daily ";p

Where will they let you set up? On the basketball court?

Yes, the sports court where they have volleyball also. We will lower the volleyball net. I will also bring some chalk to mark some additional lines for play.

Are you a player or just interested in learning to play?

Yes, the sports court where they have volleyball also. We will lower the volleyball net. I will also bring some chalk to mark some additional lines for play.

Are you a player or just interested in learning to play?

We are not on your cruise but just curious as we are pickleball players. At least my husband still is. We started over 10 years ago and I don't play anymore but might be tempted on a cruise. Hope you get enough players!

We are not on your cruise but just curious as we are pickleball players. At least my husband still is. We started over 10 years ago and I don't play anymore but might be tempted on a cruise. Hope you get enough players!

I already have 4 others that are interested. I'm hoping that there will be other players on the ship that will attend when they hear and see the notification. I would think that with over 2,000 pax there would be a few players in the group.

What's pickleball, sounds like throwing pickles about, which are small onions soaked in vinegar!!

Rather than going into a lengthy explanation just go to the usapa dot org website. They have everything pickleball related.

I already have 4 others that are interested. I'm hoping that there will be other players on the ship that will attend when they hear and see the notification. I would think that with over 2,000 pax there would be a few players in the group.

Don’t see that you are part of the Meet and Greet so decided to post on this thread.

Bought a Gamma 2.0 Voltage graphite paddle earlier today. Getting excited to learn and play this game! ...also got a few outdoor balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don’t see that you are part of the Meet and Greet so decided to post on this thread.

Bought a Gamma 2.0 Voltage graphite paddle earlier today. Getting excited to learn and play this game! ...also got a few outdoor balls.

I haven’t signed up for the M&G but I have been posting about Pickleball there.

You can play singles (two players) or doubles (four players). The game is pretty much the same except in doubles the players on each side of the court get a serve. So, the player on the right side of the court would serve until a service break and then the partner would serve until a service break at which point the other team would serve. Each team server (1 and 2) alternate from the right side to the left side during their serve. In order to keep track of servers the score has three numbers. The first is the serving team's score then the opponents score and then the server number. For example, a score of 3-2-2 would mean the serving team's score is 3, the opponents score is 2 and server 2 is currently serving. Keeping score in doubles is probably the most confusing part of Pickleball.

You can play singles (two players) or doubles (four players). The game is pretty much the same except in doubles the players on each side of the court get a serve. So, the player on the right side of the court would serve until a service break and then the partner would serve until a service break at which point the other team would serve. Each team server (1 and 2) alternate from the right side to the left side during their serve. In order to keep track of servers the score has three numbers. The first is the serving team's score then the opponents score and then the server number. For example, a score of 3-2-2 would mean the serving team's score is 3, the opponents score is 2 and server 2 is currently serving. Keeping score in doubles is probably the most confusing part of Pickleball.

Thanks! I’m up for playing either singles or doubles. Think doubles does sound like a lot of fun but know the scoring could be tricky given your explanation. I do love tennis so hope pickleball will be something else I can play for a long time. Will look for some type of announcement once onboard about where/when everyone interested can share info (cabin #) to keep in touch through the week and play.

Thanks! I’m up for playing either singles or doubles. Think doubles does sound like a lot of fun but know the scoring could be tricky given your explanation. I do love tennis so hope pickleball will be something else I can play for a long time. Will look for some type of announcement once onboard about where/when everyone interested can share info (cabin #) to keep in touch through the week and play.

I will be at the M&G. I hope there will be other players onboard on addition to those on the roll call.

My husband and I are pickleball players and plan on bringing our paddles.

That’s great! I always look forward to meeting fellow players. I’m hoping that the Dawn crew will be as cooperative in person as they are in their emails. So far I count 7 interested including me and that’s before we board. I’m assuming there will be other players on this cruise that are not using CC.

If you’re interested the other players are on the roll call thread and are signed up for the meet and greet.