"Normal" Balcony Room with 3 young kids...

In February we decided to book a cruise with my in laws. MIL, FIL, SIL and her boyfriend... We have 3 kiddos, so it's a total of 9 going and we got 3 side by side balconies on the Valor.. In order to avoid having to book a suite, we put 1 kid in each room for the booking, but fully intend on our 3 littles staying with us (I'm 99% sure they'll sweet talk their way into Granny and Pawpaw's at least once). They are 8, 5 and will just have turned 2, so they don't take up a lot of room, but I know they won't all fit on the little couch. What would be the best way to arrange them? So far my husband and I have been on several cruises, but this will be our first "normal balcony" room, as we have always booked the "odd rooms", so I'm not entirely sure what to expect from the basic balcony room configuration.

In February we decided to book a cruise with my in laws. MIL, FIL, SIL and her boyfriend... We have 3 kiddos, so it's a total of 9 going and we got 3 side by side balconies on the Valor.. In order to avoid having to book a suite, we put 1 kid in each room for the booking, but fully intend on our 3 littles staying with us (I'm 99% sure they'll sweet talk their way into Granny and Pawpaw's at least once). They are 8, 5 and will just have turned 2, so they don't take up a lot of room, but I know they won't all fit on the little couch. What would be the best way to arrange them? So far my husband and I have been on several cruises, but this will be our first "normal balcony" room, as we have always booked the "odd rooms", so I'm not entirely sure what to expect from the basic balcony room configuration.

You could request a pack and play for the 2 year old; and then put the other 2 kids end to end on the couch (i.e. one head on one end, one head on the other end. Otherwise, check to see if your cabin also has a bunk (even though there's only 3 of you in that cabin, it may be a cabin that would hold 4).

It doesn't appear to be a cabin with a bunk, but that would be super helpful if it was! 7422 on the Valor if anyone knows...

We figured that's how we'd have to do it... Eventually they'll stop kicking each other and go to sleep if we threaten them with no pool time the next day, right?? ;)

Pack and play was a good idea. You could put the littlest one in the pack and play, the middle kid in your bed and the oldest on the couch if both kids don't fit on the couch?

I'm a terrible mom, I'd rather everyone sleep on the floor than have the 5 year old tornado child sleep in bed with us :')... Maybe the 8 year old would want to sleep on the floor now that I think about it, she loves "camping" as she calls it in the living room....

It doesn't appear to be a cabin with a bunk, but that would be super helpful if it was! 7422 on the Valor if anyone knows...

We figured that's how we'd have to do it... Eventually they'll stop kicking each other and go to sleep if we threaten them with no pool time the next day, right?? ;)

Cabin - 7422 does not have a Pullman bed/ upper bunk. The pack & play is a good idea.

:)

The pack and play will take up space. Even right next to the sofa. Consider moving to a cabin that sleeps 4. Having that upper bed for the oldest will save your sanity by midweek. Cabins are not that large

It shouldn’t matter if the cabins are side to side. You are not going to be able to hang out in them together. Meet up in public spaces Go down to deck 5. Wonderful empty lounges that kids can romp in while you all chat

I have not been on the valor but on all the ships I have been on, the balcony rooms are quite a bit smaller yet more expensive than the ocean view rooms. We have several kids and always get ocean view. My parents always get a balcony and I think it would be quite the tight squeeze. But, if you can't move, it'll work out fine I am sure!

It shouldn’t matter if the cabins are side to side. You are not going to be able to hang out in them together. Meet up in public spaces Go down to deck 5. Wonderful empty lounges that kids can romp in while you all chat

check 7397 sleeps 4

7401 and 7405 both sleep two but still have the sofa for when kids want to sleep in there with them

all three are side by side.