Parasailing

KsucAts

My 14 year old son has been begging to go parasailing for years. We have promised him that he can do it on our cruise this March. We want to do something different in Grand Cayman, so that leaves us with either Cozumel or Jamaica. I don't think there are any good options near Falmouth, but I would welcome suggestions for there also.

We have stopped at Cozumel a couple times before and have went to Playa Mia and Mr. Sanchos. I think both of those offer parasailing. Just curious if anybody has any experience there or at other places that we should consider. There will be 4 of us in total, but he is the only one that really wants to parasail. I doubt my daughter will do it. My wife said she would go with him if she needed to.

My son and I did it tandem from PB years ago. It’s a blast. You don’t even get wet like in the old days. They hook you up and basically reel you out from the back of the boat. When you’re done the reel you back down.

They say you have about a 10 minute ride. Is this the time from when you leave the boat till you are back on the boat or is it about 10 minute ride after you get to the height. If so how long is the entire ride?

The Ump

John

What I remember was that it was 15 minutes in the air. I paid not quite double for a 30 Minute ride and it was really too long. Stick with the 10or 15 Minute deal. Disneyfan I really thought it was worth the money. At Paradise Beach, to the right there is a roped off lane where the boats can come in to the beach. There are usually a couple of boats there. That’s where we did it.

• 4 weeks later...