Taxi Cost?

10XCruiser

According to TaxiFareFinder, a cab is $48.43

According to UberFareEstimator, Uber is $15-$19 for UberX, $28-$36 for UberXL

Uber is MUCH nicer. Nicer vehicles, cleaner, friendlier, and supporting someone local. Personally we won't take a cab in any city that Uber or Lyft is available.

According to TaxiFareFinder, a cab is $48.43

According to UberFareEstimator, Uber is $15-$19 for UberX, $28-$36 for UberXL

Uber is MUCH nicer. Nicer vehicles, cleaner, friendlier, and supporting someone local. Personally we won't take a cab in any city that Uber or Lyft is available.

I believe by law the cabs are a flat rate and I recall it being $27. Totally agree about Uber.

I believe by law the cabs are a flat rate and I recall it being $27. Totally agree about Uber.

Gotcha, I had just looked it up on a Miami taxi fare website. I didn't know there was something special for MIA<->POM. Still, Uber rates are still less than those flat rates of a cab. Cabs are just, yuck.

Gotcha, I had just looked it up on a Miami taxi fare website. I didn't know there was something special for MIA<->POM. Still, Uber rates are still less than those flat rates of a cab. Cabs are just, yuck.

Yeah, there's designated fares posted in the windows of the cabs. And I'm totally with you on no more cabs. I have no idea why people would still use them when Uber is a million times better. Cheaper, way nicer, don't have to worry about swiping a card or digging cash out. Plus being I travel alone, I like the fact that I can be traced. When I get in some random cab, no one would have any idea what happened to me if I disappeared.

You will LOVE Uber. I'm visually impaired, and with Uber supplementing public transit, I feel for the first time in my life that there is nowhere I can't go!

You pay in advance by credit card, track the driver's impending arrival by GPS (it's particularly entertaining watching someone get lost while coming to get you!) and most of the drivers are very friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are up to it I would go with Uber.

I kept putting it off and off and off.

Well, after two bad taxi experiences this past January in Miami (although in prior years we didn't have problems) we said let's give it a try.

It was wonderful. Great vehicle and driver and less then the taxi.

Usually when you use Uber for the first time you can get a coupon code.

Keith

If you are up to it I would go with Uber.

I kept putting it off and off and off.

Well, after two bad taxi experiences this past January in Miami (although in prior years we didn't have problems) we said let's give it a try.

It was wonderful. Great vehicle and driver and less then the taxi.

Usually when you use Uber for the first time you can get a coupon code.

Keith

If you need a referral code you can use mine. We both get something off the next ride.

Uber: royced114ue

Lyft: royce50292

I see someone mention Uber and Uber XL. I assume it has to do with party and luggage needs. It would be 2 of us with 2 full size suitcases and 2 carryones. Would I get Uber or XL?

To put it into perspective:

When we were in Atlanta last week, we took an Uber to the mall. It was 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids). We didn't have any luggage or anything with us, so we called a regular Uber. The driver arrived in a new Honda. It was about the size of a Toyota Camry or typical sedan. Enough space for the 4 of us.

On our cruise in June, it was us 4 + our luggage (4 luggage + we each had a backpack). I called for an UberXL and our driver arrived in a Yukon Denali which was plenty of space for everything.

In short, if it's just 2 of you then an Uber SHOULD be fine, depending on your luggage. You can always get an UberXL just to be safe but you should be good.