Reporting back on Crocs

carmel

I started a thread a few weeks ago about Crocs in the dining room on the PoAl. There were a lot of questions about how Crocs felt and how they ran (size-wise). I bought some Sunday and thought I would report back.

I decided to treat myself to a new pair of shoes. Mike had his second round of chemo on Friday and his dad came over on Sunday morning to 'Mike-sit' while I took our girls to get their Easter pix taken at the mall. I stopped into Hallmark to get a new Yankee candle and they had tons of Crocs. I decided, 'what the heck' and purchased some pink ones. These aren't the fuscia pink - they are more of a salmon pink. I put them on after buying them and wore them around while shopping.

They are extraordinarily light. I assume that helps in not making your feet feel tired if you wear them a long time. Towards the end of the day, I had some *minor* dampness around my foot. But, nothing to the extent where my foot was swishing around or anything. I bought the 'beach' version and the holes really do keep a nice, comfy airflow going around your foot. I found that they ran pretty small. I wear a size 8 and I got the 8-9 (mediums). They were none too big. If you wear a 9, be sure to try on the larges as well as the 9 may be too small.

I have feet that blister if you look at them the wrong way. I have never purchased a pair of shoes that didn't bother me for a while until I broke them in. I can tell you that these did not rub or bother me in any way after wearing them for about 8 hrs. I dare say I adore my Crocs and am a true believer. They feel like little pillows on my feet. I'm going to buy some for the girls and Mike before our Hawaii trip. The most difficult part will be deciding on what color.

So, if you are on the fence about Crocs, I would go ahead and take the plunge. I got mine for $29.99 at Hallmark which is cheaper than they are on the Crocs website. I know Dick's Sporting Goods also carries them but I don't know how much they are. I have seen brand new ones on ebay starting at about $15. If you win the bid, you can get a good deal.

Beth

p.s. The BEST news of all????? After 1 chemo treatment, Mike's oncologist said the tumor in his neck feels smaller!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE. I can't judge the size but it definatly feels harder than before. Something is happening and I get a giddy delight in imagining the cancer cells trying to band together to live only to be painfully killed and expelled out if his body forever!

After reading the post that you started about the crocs, I went out and bought myself a pair. That was a week ago, and I currently own 6 pairs. They are $29.99 everywhere (the beach ones), and no tax. The Cayman ones are also nice. Very similar to the beach ones, but a slightly narrower look.

carmel, I'm glad you started this thread because I was thinking about posting my own after-purchase Croc experience. After reading your original thread I immediately looked up their website--I hadn't heard of them before, although once I saw the pictures, I recognized them.

Anyway, we have a vacation coming up this month so I went hog wild and ordered several pairs (different styles). I buy pretty much everything online and/or via catalogs--especially shoes because I am a size 7 and I am never anything BUT a size 7, so easy to get what fits.

I was pretty disappointed--I'd still buy a pair in a store (if I ever get to a mall which I rarely do) but forget ordering them online, the sizing was all over the map!

I bought a pair of the "Scoots" for myself and for my boyfriend. Mine were fine, his were too big (they were his usual size).

I bought the beach ones for myself--HUGE. I ordered a 7 and they were marked 7, but my feet swam in them. I ordered another style for myself as well--can't remember what they were called. One was too big, the other was slightly too small!

I ended up returning 2 out of the 4 pairs (BF would have returned his pair too, but he decided to keep them because we wouldn't get replacements in time for our vacation) and not re-ordering. I didn't want to chance it again and have to pay return postage twice.

So, there you are.My advice would be to only buy them in person when you can try them on.

Greenie-- yeah, the sizing can be a little weird. I would recommend the Cayman style. They're almost identical to the Beach style, but they run in whole sizes instead of the range that the beach has (8-9, 10-11, etc). I'm a 7 1/2 and I get a size 8 Cayman and they fit perfectly.

BETH..You go Girl!! Part of the battle IS visualization and actually picturing those nasty little buggars dying all over the place!! It's absolutely amazing how they can now perfectly match the chemo with the specific cancer cell and totally eradicate them!

Well you've sold me on crocs I have been on the fence about them, thought they looked like Daisy Duck shoes and always hated how sloppy they looked on nurses but sounds like we have similar "sensitive, wuzzy" feet and the comfort aspect appeals to me so I am going to give them a try! Thanks for the review:p

I'm glad to hear that your husband's tumor is shrinking. :)

I don't wear any sort of mules or slides, I always feel like the shoes are about come off of my feet. It's very uncomfortable for me, but many people around the hospital swear by them.

Well, my sister and nephew love theirs, so I'm going to take the plunge and buy some when I'm in Fort Myers next week. It's still hard to find them in Toronto, although a few more places do sell a limited variety now.

Glad to hear about your husband Beth. Keep the faith...

Bonnie

Well, my sister and nephew love theirs, so I'm going to take the plunge and buy some when I'm in Fort Myers next week. It's still hard to find them in Toronto, although a few more places do sell a limited variety now.

Glad to hear about your husband Beth. Keep the faith...

Bonnie

Bonnie ..Soft Mocs or The Bay at Yorkdale have a good selection. You can also find them in the burbs at National sport Karen.

Carmel,

First off, God Bless you and your husband! I wish him a speedy recovery and great health here on out.

Second, my son loves his Crocs! I just bought him his second pair!! My mom bought each of my kids a pair last year and I thought there was no way my son would wear them, well he wore his out!! He loves them!!! My daughter didn't wear them as much as I thought. I hear they are very comfy but I wear a ladies size 10 and something about those shoes in my size doesn't look good on me..lol..

When I was buying my son's new Crocs the other day I saw a new style for little girls, they look like Mary Jane's, they are so adorable!! They are styled just like a Mary Jane and then also have a strap around the back, if anyone is looking to get some for little/younger girls, look for these, they are adorable!!!

I thought I paid a lot for my son's Croc's but I got them for $25 and change with tax here in our small town.

I

. I found that they ran pretty small. I wear a size 8 and I got the 8-9 (mediums). They were none too big. If you wear a 9, be sure to try on the larges as well as the 9 may be too small.

I have feet that blister if you look at them the wrong way. I have never purchased a pair of shoes that didn't bother me for a while until I broke them in. I can tell you that these did not rub or bother me in any way after wearing them for about 8 hrs. !

Beth, Crocs do run large not small. I'm thinking you are having so many foot problems because you are getting the wrong size shoe. Shoes nowadays should never need to be broken in.

I highly suggest you go to a shoe store and have a professional measure you. I think you'll be shocked.

Congrats on the chemo treatment!

we discovered Crocs about 4 years ago and wear them constantly. My DH won't wear sandals but loves his crocs. We wear them to walk the Race for the Cure every year--like the OP, I can get blisters from any type of sneaker but never from crocs. They are great for walking on the decks of the ships--won't slip or slide in water. They are perfect for travel because, along with the comfort, they are a breeze to slip on and off at airport security. We wear them while walking on the beach--the sand and water just wash through the holes. In the winter we wear them with socks (we're in the midwest). I wear the Mary Janes to work with my smart casual trousers and they are completely acceptable. I've given dozens and dozens of pairs as gifts and everyone who has received them became loyal customers. Their flip flops are the only ones in that style that I can wear. I've truly lost count of how many pairs I have but I'll soon be adding to my collection--the new styles that have just come out have caught my eye!

As far as the sizing goes the problem lies with the fact that they are manufactured in at least 4 different places around the world. The shoes manufactured in China will fit differently than the ones from Mexico or Canada, so you will find some variance in fit if you order online. I wear a woman's size 9 and some of mine fit a bit more snug than the others but I've not had to send any back. I usually try to buy mine in person, at Dillard's, Hallmark or Journeys, before I order online. The company is aware of the sizing problem and is actively working on resolving it. This company has had explosive sales growth in the last few years and has scrambled to keep up with demand. With their new licensing agreements with Disney, Marvel Comics, NFL and NHL, and others, they can only expect to continue this amazing growth.

I found some yesterday to try on (thanks Karen ;) ) and discovered that the Mary Janes fit very well and were extremely comfortable, but the Beach style did not fit my foot very well at all. I will be trying on more styles before I buy.

Desdemona01, you mentioned that you wear your Crocs for the Run for the Cure. I have just signed up to do the 60 km walk in Toronto in the Fall. Are you saying that I could wear Crocs rather than running shoes to walk that far?? That would be great considering how light-weight they are. They don't get sweaty or uncomfortable on pavement for that long?

Thanks.

Bonnie

This is me sending your DH BUTT KICKING CANCER ZAPPING VIBES!

{{{{}}}}{{{{}}}}{{{{}}}}{{{{}}}}{{{{}}}}{{{{

I wish him well and the best of the best for you both and your children.

As for the crocs...(insert a choir of angels singing HERE) I LOVE THESE THINGS!

I have a nasty case of plantar fasciitus in my left foot and the crocs have really helped me. I have a pair for inside the house only and a pair to go out and about in.

Now, this isn't fashion friendly...but I often wear ankle socks with them. Comfy Cozy! I will usually only commit this crime at home...but sometimes if I am wearing my boot-cut jeans I'll do it. You can't see them anyway.

I

Desdemona01, you mentioned that you wear your Crocs for the Run for the Cure. I have just signed up to do the 60 km walk in Toronto in the Fall. Are you saying that I could wear Crocs rather than running shoes to walk that far?? That would be great considering how light-weight they are. They don't get sweaty or uncomfortable on pavement for that long?

Thanks.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

My feet don't sweat in them but you could also wear them with ankle or crew socks if you were concerned. The more you wear your crocs, the more they conform to your individual feet. I wore a pair of the mary janes, without socks, around Disney World from 8am to 11pm for 3 days, non-stop walking, and didn't get any blisters or sore feet. With sneakers my feet would feel like they were on fire and I'd have multiple blisters after that amount of walking. My suggestion would be to wear yours as much as possible over the summer and see how they work out for you. My DH wears orthotics in his work shoes and he swears that his crocs are more comfortable and offer better support.

BTW, we were just on the Volendam in December and did the "On Deck for the Cure" walk--DH, my friend and I all wore our crocs and it was great!

Good luck! :)

Des

I had my Holey Soles way before the Crocs invasion and just wanted to let you know they are much cheaper!! They are identical to Crocs (without the ugly heel strap). I'm not sure which came first...

They can be purchased at Lee Valley and are $19.50 CA/ $17.50 US.

I had my Holey Soles way before the Crocs invasion and just wanted to let you know they are much cheaper!! They are identical to Crocs (without the ugly heel strap). I'm not sure which came first...

They can be purchased at Lee Valley and are $19.50 CA/ $17.50 US.

There are plenty of *cheaper* versions, many of which Crocs has won patent infringment lawsuits against, but none have the patented material that makes crocs so comfortable and resilient. For the price difference I wouldn't even think about going cheaper.....

I have tried on Crocs and my Holey Soles are identical, maybe the chemical make up of the material is different, but they are the same feel.

I do give it up to Crocs for the nicer/dressier sandal type they have now, the original style are my at home slippers and are not worn out in public!

I have tried on Crocs and my Holey Soles are identical, maybe the chemical make up of the material is different, but they are the same feel.

I do give it up to Crocs for the nicer/dressier sandal type they have now, the original style are my at home slippers and are not worn out in public!

They are not identical -- no other company is allowed to use the same material as Crocs. That material is what makes Crocs the best.

I've tried plenty of knock offs, and none of them compare.

"Trying on Crocs" does not give you a chance to see how great they are... I "tried them on" before I bought them, and it's totally different then buying them and wearing them.

I'll happily pay the $13 extra for Crocs..

I have seen these shoes or something like them at Walmart and such ( probably a knockoff) and thought they were really ugly. However, I think the same of Berkenstocks and wear them all of the time. Are they similar? It sounds like they conform to your feet and make an orthotic type of shoe. If this is the case I will be looking for them very soon for myself and my husband.

I have seen these shoes or something like them at Walmart and such ( probably a knockoff) and thought they were really ugly. However' date=' I think the same of Berkenstocks and wear them all of the time. Are they similar? It sounds like they conform to your feet and make an orthotic type of shoe. If this is the case I will be looking for them very soon for myself and my husband.[/quote']

Hi Valentine's Mom!

The WalMart version is a knock off--a hard plastic that just gets hot and smelly (I've never bought them but several people I know tried them and regretted it). Crocs are made from a patented closed-cell resin that is antimicrobial, which inhibits germ (and odor) growth. You're correct about them conforming to your foot and acting like an orthotic. I just can't describe how wonderful they feel the longer you wear them. We still have our original pairs from 4 years ago and that's what we wore while building an addition on to our house--they were great for crawling around on the roof and not slipping.

Look at it this way--you can get amazing comfort (and a wide selection) for less than 1/2 of what an average pair of Berkie's costs:D

Des

Archived