Connecting cabins on Freedom of Seas

hi because we are a family of 5, we were encouraged to do a connecting cabin. How did this work for those who did it? Our kids are 1,6,10 and I know everyone will want to be together. Can they keep the adjoining door propped open ? We will be on Freedom of the seas deck 7

We've had connecting cabins on Deck 7 of Freedom twice. It will work great for you. On one cruise, my daughter, son in law and Grandson were in the connecting cabin. We left the door open because they would go out to a late show and my Grandson would sit with me but when it got time for him to go to bed, he would get into his bed and with the door open, I could keep an eye on him until they came in. Also worked great for my daughter coming into our cabin in the evenings when we were getting ready. It's a perfect set up for a family. On a later cruise, my sister and I shared an adjoining cabin with her son and my Grandson in the adjoining cabin. Her son was only 4 years older than my Grandson so it worked great then too. We just left the doors open 24/7.