Mac seaside price drop

clare6921

So gutted for my parents as myself and sister made our bookings early so got great offers but due to my mum being quite unwell at the time she was not able to book until later on

She has booked a fantastic balcony for two adults for £2198

Just checked today and had she have waited a bit more she could have had the Aurea balcony for only another £100!!!

I called Msc up and they said that for them to upgrade to Aurea on their current booking would cost another £600 which seems excessive

The only other option if they want the Aurea package would be to cancel their current booking which incurs loss of £200 deposit and then rebook so would be getting the Aurea for

Another £300 which I guess is still a very good price just a lot of messing around with cancelling and rebooking

It’s a shame that msc couldn’t just upgrade them based on lives prices but guess is just the luck of when you book it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So gutted for my parents as myself and sister made our bookings early so got great offers but due to my mum being quite unwell at the time she was not able to book until later on

She has booked a fantastic balcony for two adults for £2198

Just checked today and had she have waited a bit more she could have had the Aurea balcony for only another £100!!!

I called Msc up and they said that for them to upgrade to Aurea on their current booking would cost another £600 which seems excessive

The only other option if they want the Aurea package would be to cancel their current booking which incurs loss of £200 deposit and then rebook so would be getting the Aurea for

Another £300 which I guess is still a very good price just a lot of messing around with cancelling and rebooking

It’s a shame that msc couldn’t just upgrade them based on lives prices but guess is just the luck of when you book it

I'm confused. Is this because of country or regional laws? In US, we can cancel and rebook with no fee, or get a price adjustment so as long as final payment has not been made.

I'm confused. Is this because of country or regional laws? In US, we can cancel and rebook with no fee, or get a price adjustment so as long as final payment has not been made.

Yes, every country is totally different. A "price adjustment" would be a wonderful thing, but in the markets, where MSC sells cabins with super cheap last minute prices it would be deadly for them.

We usually cannot book "super last minute" so in the last two weeks before the cruise we never check the prices. Only if we know that the ship is almost fully booked, then it is fun to see that the price is now three times higher ;p

Yes, every country is totally different. A "price adjustment" would be a wonderful thing, but in the markets, where MSC sells cabins with super cheap last minute prices it would be deadly for them.

We usually cannot book "super last minute" so in the last two weeks before the cruise we never check the prices. Only if we know that the ship is almost fully booked, then it is fun to see that the price is now three times higher ;p

Gotcha!

Yes I guess the answer is I shouldn’t have looked in all fairness as it’s not nice to see the same cruise but Aurea for £100 more

Guess it was just the thought of my parents being able to sit in the Aurea mealtime area with my sister and her husband ... seems to be so many different categories and packages on this ship

• 2 weeks later...
Also you may want to try calling MSC a few times and with a different MSc worker, I read that some people had difficulty with that with the drink packages and one would tell them something and another would say something else

This is true on any line.

My TA had to call Princess 3 times to get free grats added to my sailing when a promo was announced after I’d booked. We had to go to a non-refundable reservation when she finally got someone to put them through, but since I intended to go and we had insurance we went for it.

Had a great interaction with MSC Customer service today, after calling in about an error. Friday I made upgrades to our drink packages, and then noticed after the call my due date changed on my booking. I would have sworn it was 60 days out, then became 90. Went back found original booking made in 2015 and it showed final payment due 60 days before sailing. Called a rep who stated that the prior rep changed the date and she fixed it back as we were grandfathered in to the old due date. She then noted it was a voyagers select sailing, she repriced it and gave us a total $324 off our original booking price and gave $100 OBC that we didn't have before. Pretty happy I called about that due date.

Was that for seaside?

Yes mine was on the Seaside sailing May 19. Actually interacted with what seemed a fairly knowledgeable staff member. She immediately knew what happened with the due date and fixed it right away, she then kept looking at it which is why she point out it was now a voyagers select sailing and got an additional 15%.

Yes mine was on the Seaside sailing May 19. Actually interacted with what seemed a fairly knowledgeable staff member. She immediately knew what happened with the due date and fixed it right away, she then kept looking at it which is why she point out it was now a voyagers select sailing and got an additional 15%.

Awesome!!! WTG.

Have a great trip. [emoji106]