Magic stateroom suggestions

I am thinking about a cruise on the Magic in October. I have not yet sailed on a Dream class ship. If anyone has any good stateroom suggestions, please let me know the numbers, so i can look them over. I would need two rooms (close to each other), so if you could suggest 2 at a time, it would be helpful.:cool:

Are you looking at balcony rooms? If so deck 8 either in forward or aft section. Deck 8 because there are staterooms above and below you reducing the risk of noise. Forward or Aft so that when you look down you are not looking down on deck 5. If you look at the deck plans you will see deck 5 juts out midship. This area will also be slightly lower in cost than decks that are higher. Another thing that you might look into via your TA or PVP is if the balcony dividers are be opened, if that is something you might enjoy. If the rooms are connecting then usually the divider can not be opened. This is because the divider on Dream Class ships open against the ship rather than affixing to the rail. The divider on connecting rooms would cover the balcony door.

Good luck on your search for the best room for your cruise.

It's easier to point out areas/situations I avoid with the understanding it is totally personal preference.

I wouldn't book any balcony on deck 6. Deck 5 is has late night music the length of the ship and extends out beyond the balconies in most areas.

I won't book a connecting cabin or a handicap accessible cabin.

I won't book Cove balconies on deck 2 aft of the midship elevators. The 24-hour galley is directly above all of those cabins.

I try to get fairly close to aft or midship elevators on other decks.

Some people avoid deck 9 because of the Lido above. I've had an extended aft and a midship balcony on deck 9 and was never bothered. My favorite so far was the mid-ship deck 9, 9350. Convenient to everything, quiet, great views.

We are going to try spa cabins next year. I fully expect to enjoy that.

Also, perhaps a bit quirky, I want to be portside if not aft.

Wherever you choose I hope you enjoy.

Thunderstruck, more info would help. 2 cabins, all adults or with kids, all girls? What class of room, interior, exterior, balcony, suite. Then you will probably get more applicable replies.

We chose Cloud 9 Spa Balcony. This will be a relax cruise for us. Location is nearest to Spa, quieter, what we prefer.

Are you looking at balcony rooms? If so deck 8 either in forward or aft section. Deck 8 because there are staterooms above and below you reducing the risk of noise. Forward or Aft so that when you look down you are not looking down on deck 5. If you look at the deck plans you will see deck 5 juts out midship. .

We actually chose deck 8 so we had cabins above and below but i didn't realize deck 5 didn't stick out the whole ship. This is good info! If we wanted to change our cabin, how's is the movement in the aft? We usually choose midship because one of my friends gets sea sick, although she does use the patch and it helps her alot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please say more about why I might prefer these instead of a balcony on Deck 7.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

We love the Spa decks. We have been on deck 12 to B2B's in a row. You walk out of the elevators and smell eucalyptus. There were zero kids running up and down the halls. Bonus...... you get the use of the spa

deck 11 or 12 Spa balcony, very quiet and close to the Serenity

I was actually going to chime in to say NOT this area. First off, deck 12 has no cover over the balconies. Also, the only elevator that goes up there is the one all the way forward. So to get to dinner, you have to go down to the promenade and then go back over to dinner.

We stayed in a deck 12 balcony in November, and I would not stay there again.

• 2 weeks later...
Please say more about why I might prefer these instead of a balcony on Deck 7.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Read my review of the spa cabins. We LOVED staying in them on the Magic. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2480020&highlight=magic

If I hadn't stayed in the spa cabins, I would have chosen a balcony on deck 7 or 8 because there are cabins above and below you.

I was actually going to chime in to say NOT this area. First off, deck 12 has no cover over the balconies. Also, the only elevator that goes up there is the one all the way forward. So to get to dinner, you have to go down to the promenade and then go back over to dinner.

Deck 11 is covered, but deck 12 is not.

We love Lido since it's so close to everything but we also want to be forward so we don't look over the Lanai deck. It's a little higher so you are away from the Lanai noise. We have two cabins booked on Magic and they are 10215 and 10211 (one balcony and one interior). We were in the same spot on the Breeze and LOVED it. It was quiet and perfect.

Hope that helps a bit.

While the cabins are forward, the glass elevators left us off steps from our cabin. Our dinner was on deck 3 right behind the glass elevators behind the main bar. As far as being open to the sun, bring it on. Again, it's a matter of opinion, but we lave deck 12 Spa cabins. When you board on port days, forward elevator straight up to our cabin.

Another vote for Lido. We always book a Lido, when we can.

Unfortunately, the Dream class is the only class where you can have 3 in a Lido balcony, so we booked Magic for June!!!:')

Cannot beat the convenience of being RIGHT THERE!!!!!

And contrary to popular belief, these cabins are QUIET!

There are big heavy doors at the end of the hallways that remain closed. You have to go through that door to get out onto the Lido deck.

You won't be disappointed!!!

We were just on the Magic and we had rooms 8392 and 8394. We loved the rooms and the location. They are connecting balcony rooms and the divider for the balcony opens up so our balconies were connected. These rooms were quite and close to the elevators and stairs so easy access to the Aft pool, bar and Lido! We would stay in these rooms again!

Deck 11 is covered, but deck 12 is not.

Since the balconies are not covered they get extremely HOT. We couldn't even stand on them barefoot and would poor water on the floor to cool it down. It's super quiet up there but I like my balcony covered.

• 9 months later...