Chef's Table on Adventure of the Seas

Has anyone done the Chef's Table on Adventure of the Seas, my husband and I are going October 14-21 and our 30 year anniversary is during the cruise I was looking for a specialty restaurant for that night and didn't know if the Chef's table was worth the cost.

Really a nice dinner and a good time. On the Adventure, we did not have a private room etc, but rather a private area in the MDR. If I recall it was located on the mid landing of the stairway. The Chef discussed his menu and then went to each person to personally accept their order. The Sommelier did the same. The wine did not stop flowing either. We really enjoyed this event and will do so on future cruises!

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise!

I know this wouldn't be possible on the day of your anniversary, however maybe something to consider: my BF and I are also not wine drinkers and that is the only reason we won't pop off that amount of money each for Chef's table. Instead, we are doing a really nice dinner at Marmalade in San Juan. The reviews are impeccable and it is also a tasting menu with 4, 5 and 6 course options. You can add wine pairings IF YOU WANT for an additional cost. I think the 4 course (which I have read is more than enough food) is something like $50.

Tip: read the reviews in Yelp/Trip Advisor. The chef/owner responds to anything 3 star and below and if it is a legit complaint he is very apologetic and kind, but if it is something silly and untruthful (you can tell which those are) the chef has some FANTASTIC responses. I read through them every now and then and just laugh my butt off.

• 6 months later...
the dinner is not worth $50/pp.

We are booked on Adventure in May 2019 and Cruise Planner doesn't have dining options available yet.I know this type of experience is not for everyone, but does this mean Chef's Table on Adventure is $50pp?

If it is and the food and service is comparable to that at Anthem's Chef's Table I will be thrilled.

Until our cruise in October, the Anthem listed price of $95pp made it tough because my wife can't drink. We managed to get a discounted price of $65pp in October. The food, wine and service were on par with that we've been lucky enough to have at Chef's Tables at very nice land restaurants.

If I had to guess, if I had paid for the wine I drank that night by the glass on the Anthem or an nice restaurant on land, it would have cost as much as I paid for my meal.

Has anyone done the Chef's Table on Adventure of the Seas, my husband and I are going October 14-21 and our 30 year anniversary is during the cruise I was looking for a specialty restaurant for that night and didn't know if the Chef's table was worth the cost.

Did you do the Chef's Table? If you did, what did you think?

We did Chefs Table last week on Adventure and loved it! Nice group of about 9 or 10 at special table area in MDR. Great food, wine and conversation. It is a lot of food - starter, soup, salad, dinner, dessert etc so quite filling. Great service. Delicious roasted tomato soup and I chose the filet mignon which was cooked perfectly. It was $85pp. I think it is worth it as a special treat and you meet/dine with others from ship which is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DW and I have done multiple Chef's tables on multiple cruise lines. All of them have been worth the price at double the cost. We have a VERY nice meal, a good time, get to meet new people and drink a LOT of wine. On another line, when I told the Wine Steward that I was not a wine person, she substituted Blanton's Bourbon for me. Not usual, but it was also an anniversary dinner for us. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I've only seen the sample menu, which lists 1 item / course. Are there multiple choices for each course, or are you "stuck" with one menu? I'm not terribly picky, but DH is a "no fish & most vegetables" sort.

No menu. At the beginning of the meal, they do ask about dietary restrictions.

It' not a dietary restriction but personal taste, don' want to spend all that money if he won't enjoy it....

They also ask about personal taste. They may change one or two dishes, but they are not going to change the entire meal. You may want to talk to the host before committing.

I've only seen the sample menu, which lists 1 item / course. Are there multiple choices for each course, or are you "stuck" with one menu? I'm not terribly picky, but DH is a "no fish & most vegetables" sort.

When you sit down there is a typed card style menu. As I recall the only choice was the main course - Filet or Salmon

Sent from my iPhone using Forums