More Yacht Club questions

rojojacko

Hi

We have just booked the Yacht Club for the repositioning cruise from the Caribbean to the UK in April 2019 on MSC Preziosa. This will be our 6th MSC cruise but first in the Yacht Club so really looking forward to it. Just a couple of queries which I can't find the answer to on this forum.

Are the drinks available the same as those on the basic all inclusive offering throughout the rest of the ship or are they more in line with the Premium package?

What about the wines with lunch and dinner, are they the same as the normal AI package or is there a wider choice?

We know that lunch and dinner is in the YC restaurant, what about breakfast?

Should I pre book a laundry package or will I get it cheaper on board as a YC member?

Thanks for all of your help.

Rob

Hi Rob. I can answer some of your questions.

1. YC guests get the premium drinks package included for use around the rest of the ship. Everything, except high-end, is included already in YC so there are no prices on the menu except those items that aren't included.
  2. The wines in the YC are the same as those that are available on the premium drinks package elsewhere, which is a wider and better quality selection than what's available on the basic package.
  3. Breakfast is served in the YC restaurant.
  4. I can't answer regarding whether you should pre-book the laundry package as I don't know what the price for pre-booking is. YC guests pay the same for laundry as non-YC guests. IIRC the price onboard is €30 for 20 items (though I don't know if the currency onboard for you will be USD or Euro).

Hope this helps.

Thanks Bea for your speedy response. Great news re the first three. This will be our third 'Grand Voyage' and we had discounted laundry on one but not on the other so we will see. It's not too dear anyway.

Really looking forward to it but don't want to wish our life away, so much to do before then!!

Rob

I can understand the excitement with it being your first time in YC - something wonderful to look forward to. And on a repo, too! :p We're looking forward to our upcoming repo on Splendida in 10 weeks time in YC, too. It'll be our 5th YC experience and our 4th repo (though our first in YC .......... yippee ;p )

You're right Bea. Sorry for the delay in replying. We are so looking forward to it, but before then we have several other trips to look forward to, including the Fantasia at the end of next month. We have been to all of the ports before but the Yacht Club came in at such a great price for this one that we couldn't resist it! Have been looking for an opportunity to try it for a couple of years.

We will be on our first MSC cruise on Splendida in the Yacht Club in 5 weeks time and would love to hear from anyone who has been in the YC on this ship.

We are only on for 7 days so want to make the most of everything and enjoy the experience.

Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated.

Margaret

Hi Margaret, we are sailing on 27th (this Sat). Also have been on the sister ship fantasia. If you have any questions please let me know.

Also re YC meals: there are a couple of other options for breakfast:

The lounge lays out a continental style breakfast, and on the top deck (one club) they have a small "hot" buffet with bacon and sausages etc and you can order eggs your way. Very pleasant to sit outside if the weather is good. They also do a buffet lunch, hot and cold food up there. Anne

Just to add to what Anne has said ... the buffet selection in the Top Sail Lounge changes throughout the day and will have offerings like small sandwiches, snacks and tasty treats. I don't know if they're still doing "Afternoon Tea" (hopefully someone will report back on this before I sail in March). I recommend you partake if they are.

Hi Bea,

On Fantasia they did not seem to do a "served" afternoon tea; there are some sandwiches etc on the buffet which is one of the changes they make, but you just order your tea as usual....found that a bit disappointing. Anne

Hi Bea,

On Fantasia they did not seem to do a "served" afternoon tea; there are some sandwiches etc on the buffet which is one of the changes they make, but you just order your tea as usual....found that a bit disappointing. Anne

We were in YC on Meraviglia last June and they didn't have the "Afternoon Tea" on it, either. This, despite the fact that they actually had an image of the ritual in one of our daily programs. I thought it may just have been that ship as there are a number of things done differently on it to the rest of the fleet.

I agree that it's disappointing - it added a little extra to the YC experience. Mind you, I would only have done it once during a cruise. Just one of those things that was a "must do" while onboard.

We were in YC on Meraviglia last June and they didn't have the "Afternoon Tea" on it, either. This, despite the fact that they actually had an image of the ritual in one of our daily programs. I thought it may just have been that ship as there are a number of things done differently on it to the rest of the fleet.

I agree that it's disappointing - it added a little extra to the YC experience. Mind you, I would only have done it once during a cruise. Just one of those things that was a "must do" while onboard.

I have seen pictures of afternoon tea on Meraviglia so I think that you, and me, were there too early so that they hadn't started with it.

I have seen pictures of afternoon tea on Meraviglia so I think that you, and me, were there too early so that they hadn't started with it.

True, SC. Perhaps they were giving the butlers time to adjust to the ways of the new ship before adding the service onto their duties.

I was surprised they didn't have it on Fantasia when Anne (andante) was on-board.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Anne would really love to hear abour your cruise and to hear what the Spendida Yacht Club is like.

Will they have 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise. I do like wearing my formal dresses.

Would also be interested to hear about the entertainment, Yacht Club cabins and butler service.

Many thanks for all responses.

Margaret

I, too, am hoping you'll report back, Anne. I reckon CruisingFox is, as well.

I would be really grateful if you could get a copy of the menu from the new Speciality Restaurant onboard and also tell us about the Dim Sum and Tea Room that replaces L'Enoteca wine bar (on deck 7).

I am not sure about how many formal nights....I was thinking 2, but it is a busy itinerary with only (I hope) one sea day. Bet Bea may have the answer.

I have some idea about the butlers, but would like to see what they do on splendida...it will be interesting for me to make a comparison with the ones on Fantasia. There is a thread on here re the entertainment in the YC lounge...it was dreadful, but in the theatre we found it very very good and professional....all singing and dancing but very good.

I guess a lot rests on where the cruise is going...how many sea days etc. We had five days at sea and I felt that by the end of the cruise many of the staff had "run out of steam"...I guess five days with everyone on board all day and nights was a lot of work. I expect the Dubai cruise to be quite different so don't want to draw to much from the Fantasia experience.

There were an unusual amount of single people in the YC, not least because many of the cabins went on promotion especially for them. The ones I had spoken to paid half the price that we had paid for one for a cabin, ie for us two it cost four times what they had paid....this must impact on the ships income (not that I begrudge anyone a good deal, especially as singles are usually heavily penalised) and I wonder if this then had consequences for the overall product...if that makes sense....like, for instance, no afternoon tea as such.

I would say that there were some fantastic dresses on show, and generally most were well dressed throughout.

The cabins are, I believe, the same. Very comfortable...no tv to speak of and 7 euros to watch a film. If you have any particular questions don't hesitate to ask either now or after I get back on 3rd Feb....dont want to rattle on unabated! Anne

There are always 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise.

Anne ... you may have a point about why they didn't have the "Afternoon Tea" ritual. Will you let us know if they have it on Splendida?

ETA ... Another thought - maybe they've replaced the TVs with nice big ones during the drydock. Something else to add to the list of things I'm hoping you can tell us. :D