Post cruise hotel in Stockholm?

We are ending our cruise in Stockholm and would like to stay an extra day - hopefully in a place that is not too difficult to reach from the ship and also not too difficult to later transfer to the airport for departure home. Any suggestions?

thanks!

• 6 months later...

We are doing a cruise next year and have decided on First Hotel Reisen. It located in Gamla Stan, the center of the action. Some rooms overlook the Baltic. Found it on one of the discount sights. They can arrange for transportation to the airport when I spoke with them about arriving early for the cruise. A lot of old world charm and interesting feel. Check it out If you want, I could give you the website where I found it. I liked the pictures there better than on the hotel site, and they also had the discounted prices.

We stayed at the Grand Hotel 7 years ago and it was wonderful. Also best location. Would like to know if anyone has stayed there in the last year or so and if it is still as good. Going back in August and would like to book it again if still the best place to stay. Thanks. Richie :):)

We stayed at the Grand Hotel 7 years ago and it was wonderful. Also best location. Would like to know if anyone has stayed there in the last year or so and if it is still as good. Going back in August and would like to book it again if still the best place to stay. Thanks. Richie :):)

The Grand Hôtel in Stockholm is indeed a very nice (5 star) hotel but I would assume that it cost accordingly to that as well.

Location of GH; https://www.google.se/maps/place/Grand+Hotel+Stockholm/@59.3281339,18.0738,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x465f9d59a360c329:0x8cdb57e6f314fc67

Edited by Desdichado62

After a lot of research - wanting to stay in Gamla Stan - we narrowed down to two hotels. the Hotel Reisen and The Victory Hotel. Read tons of reviews on various sites and decided to stay at the Victory - due to:

Read several 'noisy' reviews on Reisen

Delux room at Victory hotel is large and uniquely decorated- Reisen rooms smaller at similar price points

Victory is in the Center of Gamla Stan.

But I still like both of these hotels and continue to watch both reviews!!