Posted July 10th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Last edited by Preds; July 10th, 2007 at 04:32 PM
- Earn 25 Bonus Points after the first qualifying transaction
- Earn 4 Points for every $100 spent on Norwegian Cruise Line purchases*
- Earn 3 Points for every $100 spent on purchases*
- Redeem for stateroom upgrades or cruise discount. See Redemption Options for details
- No Annual Fee
* I've always received this in a % of purchases, thus you don't have to spend $100 to get 3 or 4 points, rather you 3% or 4% of your purchases (take your total monthly purchases, multiply by 3% for your monthly points earned. Add 1% for any NCL/NCLA purchases.
While there is also a 0% balance transfer option, this is generally not worthwhile since you'd be carrying a balance, and payments would go against the balance transfer instead of your purchases, meaning as an end result you'd be paying interest on your charges that are earning points (not necessarily the best way to utilize this card).
You can earn up to $1000 per year, with a maximum of 250 points in any given month. This equates to a maximum of $33,333 in purchases annually, with a maximum of $8,333 in any given month.
Points Cruise Discounts
500 - $500 cruise discount
1,000 - $1,000 cruise discount
1,500 - $1,500 cruise discount
2,000 - $2,000 cruise discount
2,500 - $2,500 cruise discount
3,000 - $3,000 cruise discount
Points Stateroom Upgrades (generally NOT considered a wise use of points)
100 - One category upgrade for first person in stateroom
200 - One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom
300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom
400 - Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom
To Redeem certificates:
Call the # on the back of the card (it should be 800 421-2110)
Ask the rep. if they're familiar with the Compass Rewards program, if they are, it should be a breeze, if not, you may be better off calling again till you get a rep who is familiar with the program.
Certificates come via regular mail, usually within 1-2 weeks, but to be safe, generally request at least 3-4 weeks before final payment is due.
- Points expire in 3 years.
- Certificates expire 1 year from date of issuance. NOTE: you must SAIL by this expiration date, not turn the certificate(s) in to NCL.
- Discount Certificates are good towards final payment on any booked fare. You may book directly with NCL or with the TA of your choosing.
- Discount Certificates cannot "officially" be used against your deposit, however several users have posted that they've overpaid with the certificates and received credits on their credit cards for their previously paid deposits. That said, it's at your own risk, as the "official" policy in the card terms that any unused overages are lost.
- Cardholder or authorized user must reside in the cabin to use the certificates
- Photocopy both sides of your certificates before forwarding them to NCL!
- Certificates should be mailed directly to NCL Accounting to avoid problems. I generally use FEDEX to ensure delivery, while others recommend USPS Certified Return Receipt
- NCL Accounting's address is listed on the back of the certificate. I generally send to:
Norwegian Cruise Lines
7665 Corporate Center Drive
Miami, FL 33126
- high spending users CAN have more than one account with Bank of America and thus earn additional points on the additional card(s)