Stirling Castle or Edinburgh shore excursion from Greenock Scotland

millergj

Will be on Brilliance of the Seas stopping at Greenock Scotland next June. Stirling Castle looks to be about an hour from port and Edinburgh about an hour and a half. Has anyone been to both and make a recommendation on which to do an excursion to. Edinburgh looks beautiful but Stirling Castle looks nice too

Both Stirling Castle and Edinburgh castle are excellent, Stirling Castle has perhaps the more interesting history.

But there's so much more in Edinburgh as well as the Castle - and all in walking distance. The Royal Mile, which runs from the castle to Holyrood House, and Princes Street which runs parallel,

I'd rate Edinburgh the better choice.

Just MHO, as always

JB :)

From Greenock, a visit to Stirling Castle usually also involves a tour round the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park with beautiful scenery. Stirling Castle is one of the main sights in Scottish history and nearby is Bannockburn a great place to visit and the site of Scotland's greatest victory over the English!!

However Edinburgh City Centre has World Heritage status and is one of the most beautiful and popular destinations in Europe with so much to see and do. I would hate to visit Scotland and not see Edinburgh

From Greenock, a visit to Stirling Castle usually also involves a tour round the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park with beautiful scenery. Stirling Castle is one of the main sights in Scottish history and nearby is Bannockburn a great place to visit and the site of Scotland's greatest victory over the English!!

However Edinburgh City Centre has World Heritage status and is one of the most beautiful and popular destinations in Europe with so much to see and do. I would hate to visit Scotland and not see Edinburgh

If it were me I would go for Stirling as you would get Loch Lomond and you can see most of Stirling in the day. You cannot see a third of Edinburgh day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m in Edinburgh for the next couple of days before joining the NCL Jade in Southampton for the British Isles cruise. I am impressed with the city and how welcoming it has been so far. If I don’t see everything I want, I will come back when we dock in Newhaven. I could of gone to Stirling from Glasgow but chose to visit the old course at St. Andrews. I believe you’ll have an action packed port day if you choose Edinburgh.