Web site

davidk800

I was on the phone for 3 hours over the course of 2 days trying to get the website sorted. Mostly on hold. So with the huge waits, we're not the only people having issues. And though the reps online are VERY nice, they are a wealth of mis-information. I figured there was no use arguing with them since I have plenty of time to get things sorted out.

Royal Caribbean is also going thru almost exactly the same thing; at least I was able to connect w/ someone right away. I needed to change credit card info on my online check in. I was told I can't do check-in (as far as filling out the info) until 90 days before sailing. I asked if they could see that I ALREADY did check in a month ago and they admitted that I did. But that neither I nor they can get into the forms until 90 days.

I may not know as much about computer programs as an IT person, but, with over 70 cruises behind me, I actually DO know how to fill out online check in forms. And how to order various enhancements before the cruise. But both RCI and X are revamping their websites at the same time and they're both total clusters.

I'll just wait b/c doing anything now is an exercise in futility for me. I REALIZE some people aren't having any issues. Consider yourself lucky. The reps told me the phone lines are crazy busy and there are some "GLITCHES."

And before someone suggests it, I've: Cleared all my browser caches, used Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and it's the exact same thing. I've used a laptop, desktop and Chromebook. In fact on another thread someone suggested NOT to use Chrome and the person I spoke with said she always uses Chrome.

When the wait times on the phone are too long, it's simply best to hang up and call back later. Same with the website. If something doesn't work and you don't have to book it immediately, then best to just try later. It's all stupid, but it will save your sanity.

I was on the phone for 3 hours over the course of 2 days trying to get the website sorted. Mostly on hold. So with the huge waits, we're not the only people having issues. And though the reps online are VERY nice, they are a wealth of mis-information. I figured there was no use arguing with them since I have plenty of time to get things sorted out.

Royal Caribbean is also going thru almost exactly the same thing; at least I was able to connect w/ someone right away. I needed to change credit card info on my online check in. I was told I can't do check-in (as far as filling out the info) until 90 days before sailing. I asked if they could see that I ALREADY did check in a month ago and they admitted that I did. But that neither I nor they can get into the forms until 90 days.

I may not know as much about computer programs as an IT person, but, with over 70 cruises behind me, I actually DO know how to fill out online check in forms. And how to order various enhancements before the cruise. But both RCI and X are revamping their websites at the same time and they're both total clusters.

I'll just wait b/c doing anything now is an exercise in futility for me. I REALIZE some people aren't having any issues. Consider yourself lucky. The reps told me the phone lines are crazy busy and there are some "GLITCHES."

And before someone suggests it, I've: Cleared all my browser caches, used Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and it's the exact same thing. I've used a laptop, desktop and Chromebook. In fact on another thread someone suggested NOT to use Chrome and the person I spoke with said she always uses Chrome.

I have the most success when doing anything in the cruise planner by accessing it through the menu in the upper left. Do not sign in with user name and password, instead click on "Find My Reservation." Then enter reservation #, name, ship, and sail date and enter. When I do it that way my order history and calendar show up and I'm able to access my reservation (FWIW I used an incognito window and Edge with most success). If I log in with my user name and password my reservation shows up, but when I enter Cruise Planner although my OBC is available and correct, my order history is empty, my drink packages are missing and my calendar is blank! I'm also unable to accomplish any purchases. It's been a year of ineptitude and frustration.