Multiple apps with SDP - Anyone ever actually charged?

KeithJenner

In reading this thread and others I wanted to get an answer before our cruise so I emailed NCL directly from their website. I asked specifically about Ocean Blue on the Getaway and specifically about the reservation I had under the dining plan promo and $15 upcharge that was paid when I reserved. My question was if I was reading the terms and conditions correctly and would be able to order one entree and multiple appetizers. I received a phone call from Norwegian and they left me a voice mail stating that with the package at Ocean blue I can order 1 entree and unlimited appetizers.

In reading this thread and others I wanted to get an answer before our cruise so I emailed NCL directly from their website. I asked specifically about Ocean Blue on the Getaway and specifically about the reservation I had under the dining plan promo and $15 upcharge that was paid when I reserved. My question was if I was reading the terms and conditions correctly and would be able to order one entree and multiple appetizers. I received a phone call from Norwegian and they left me a voice mail stating that with the package at Ocean blue I can order 1 entree and unlimited appetizers.

Unfortunately, what they say and what actually happens are two different things. You may still find that they try to limit you when you are onboard.

Evidence seems to suggest though, that even if they say there is a limit then they won’t actually charge you. We only have the one report of actually being charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very regular discussion on this board is regarding the restrictions on what is covered in speciality restaurants if you have the SDP.

Pretty well every such discussion is almost identical. The restrictions as per the T&Cs (limit 1 entree) are stated, and then some people come along to say that they were restricted to just one app or dessert when onboard.

One thing which, as far as I can tell, is always missing is a report of anyone actually being charged for multiple apps/desserts. There have definitely been reports of people who have ignored what they were told, ordered multiples, and then were not charged. In fact, a number of people on here state that they just ignore what they are told, order what they want, and don't get charged.

Based on this, I am almost certain that the final bill is produced automatically, and follows the actual terms of the package, so allows multiple apps without charge. However, for whatever reason (whether misunderstanding or from instruction) the servers often incorrectly tell people that the restriction exists.

Has anybody ever actually been charged for multiple apps or desserts when using the SDP? I have asked on a few threads and have yet to find anyone stating that they have, but I thought I would specifically ask the question in a separate thread.

I am not talking about the latitudes meal. We know that the restriction is often (but not always) implemented when using that.

Yes my son ordered another soup and was charged ....it was never removed .They have gotten very strict with the rules ..this was on Star ..on any mdr it would not have been ..go figure

Yes my son ordered another soup and was charged ....it was never removed .They have gotten very strict with the rules ..this was on Star ..on any mdr it would not have been ..go figure

You say they've gotten strict with the rules, but those aren't the rules. You mean they are going against the rules.

Waiting on the Pearl right now to debate and I thought I would share my experience.

Ate at Cagneys twice. First time the waiter informed us that with the sdp that we were allowed one app, one soup or salad, one entree and two sides.

I told him I would like shrimp cocktail, short ribs and soup. He seemed a little thrown off with my request but said ok.

When the bill came it had the two apps on there but no soup and everything was comped at 100%.

Last night we had the same waiter but he didn’t say anything this time about the number of each. I again ordered shrimp cocktail and short ribs. My wife said he kind of furrowed his brow a little but he didn’t say anything at all.

This time the bill reflected all of the items ordered and all were comped at 100%.

While waiting for our dinner last night we also heard another waiter tell his table only one app.

So it appears that they are informing guest of the limits however in reality the system will not bill. At least this is my experience.