Formal Nights on Alaska Cruise - Coral Princess Southbound

miss

I was wondering if anyone can tell me which nights are formal on the southbound Alaska cruise on the Coral. Also, what seems to be the appropriate attire on this cruise for formal night?

I was wondering if anyone can tell me which nights are formal on the southbound Alaska cruise on the Coral. Also, what seems to be the appropriate attire on this cruise for formal night?

Not sure of the formal nights schedule, but in most cases it's the second sea day & the second to the last night at sea. For formal dress.. there are those who will tell you to "dress down".(these 2 pax will likely give their opinion quite quickly) These "false" talkers tell you how "you" should dress, when it's ALL about HOW they dress. There is a dress code. These 2 posters always ignore it. The evening's dress code IS posted in the daily patter. Simply put: How would you normally dress when going to a fine dining restaurant, or perhaps to a play or show? That should pretty much answer your question.

Edited by keithm
additions

I was wondering if anyone can tell me which nights are formal on the southbound Alaska cruise on the Coral. Also, what seems to be the appropriate attire on this cruise for formal night?[/quote]

Per Princess website.

Formal

When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all our guests.

• Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for women
  • Tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with a tie for men

I was wondering if anyone can tell me which nights are formal on the southbound Alaska cruise on the Coral. Also, what seems to be the appropriate attire on this cruise for formal night?[/quote]

As you can see it's really up to the individual as to how formal they care to make it.

Per Princess website.

For more formal settings, men should bring a suit and a nice pair of shoes (or, at the very least, a shirt, tie and slacks), while women may want to bring an evening dress or a skirt with a good blouse.When packing, bring wrinkle-free items or try rolling your clothes. Folding clothes can create creases, and cruise cabins are not equipped with irons (although they can be found in the ship's laundry rooms).

Thanks so much - that tells me what I need to know. We are previous cruisers but had seen info saying that Alaska cruises were more casual. Now we can pack appropriate attire. This site is a great place to get good answers.