Suggestions on a non-guided snorkeling excursion in Belize

ready4funryou

We are also not beginners and have been snorkeling for years (and even scuba diving), but if you get a chance to go to Rendezvous Caye (I believe you can only get there by cruise ship excursion) it's an awesome snorkeling experience with A LOT to see. Even though it may be "guided" the guides just dive down and bring up a lot of you to see. It definitely made it worth it. I have a complete review of our day there, in my signature line, and there's TONS of pictures. You won't be disappointed.

There's also a place called Goffs Caye that is similar with great snorkeling. (Also a review in my signature, but we didn't do the snorkel tour and just snorkeled off the beach).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack a thread, but THANK YOU mitsugirly! I read your review from your last cruise yesterday during my lunch break, and finished it up at home last night! It was fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing such fabulous details. :*

Sorry to hijack a thread, but THANK YOU mitsugirly! I read your review from your last cruise yesterday during my lunch break, and finished it up at home last night! It was fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing such fabulous details. :*

Aww, thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

• 1 month later...

Mitsugirly...this was an awesome review of a snorkeling excursion I was hoping to find a review on and Bingo! There are several choices for snorkeling in Belize, but your review of Rendezvous Caye has convinced me I need to book it. If I may ask, what underwater camera are you using? I have the Olympus Tough TG-4 and look forward to using it on this cruise.

Mitsugirly...this was an awesome review of a snorkeling excursion I was hoping to find a review on and Bingo! There are several choices for snorkeling in Belize, but your review of Rendezvous Caye has convinced me I need to book it. If I may ask, what underwater camera are you using? I have the Olympus Tough TG-4 and look forward to using it on this cruise.

Olympus Tough TG4!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky you...you'll love the pictures. Glad you liked the review. We absolutely loved Rendezvous Caye and would love to go back some day.

• 3 weeks later...

What tour are you taking to Rendezvous Caye?

What tour are you taking to Rendezvous Caye?

I'm not sure about the other poster but when I was researching it, you could only go by booking with the cruise line you were on. There wasn't any outside vendors you could book with.

I'm not sure about the other poster but when I was researching it, you could only go by booking with the cruise line you were on. There wasn't any outside vendors you could book with.

Ok. Thank you, that's what I was thinking. I only wish they would say where they go, though really hate to go with the herd of cattle. LOL

Ok. Thank you, that's what I was thinking. I only wish they would say where they go, though really hate to go with the herd of cattle. LOL

If you are on the website and look at the reviews under any excursion, usually someone will post where it's actually at and sometimes it will even say it in the listing. I'd try that just to make sure you have the correct one. Which line are you sailing with?

If you are on the website and look at the reviews under any excursion, usually someone will post where it's actually at and sometimes it will even say it in the listing. I'd try that just to make sure you have the correct one. Which line are you sailing with?

I am on Royal Caribbean. It's funny, so many people will just say, the snorkeling was bad, or too many people, etc and never say the tour. I think it might be Snorkeling Wonder????

I am on Royal Caribbean. It's funny, so many people will just say, the snorkeling was bad, or too many people, etc and never say the tour. I think it might be Snorkeling Wonder????

It would be the one that says the barrier reef snorkeling or wonders of barrier reef snorkeling. Just as long as it doesn't say "Starfish Island" as the private island stop (because that is the old Bannister Island and totally different).

It would be the one that says the barrier reef snorkeling or wonders of barrier reef snorkeling. Just as long as it doesn't say "Starfish Island" as the private island stop (because that is the old Bannister Island and totally different).

WoW, I just looked at all your pics from Belize (and Costa Maya - Maya Chan as we are going there).

They are awesome. What would be your choice to got back to...Rendezvous Island or on the Shark/StingRay excursion. We have done the sting rays in Grand Cayman and Manatees in FL, but never sharks. It intrigues me, but I think Rendezvous might be a bit easier and relaxing?

Your little girl is adorable btw.

WoW, I just looked at all your pics from Belize (and Costa Maya - Maya Chan as we are going there).

They are awesome. What would be your choice to got back to...Rendezvous Island or on the Shark/StingRay excursion. We have done the sting rays in Grand Cayman and Manatees in FL, but never sharks. It intrigues me, but I think Rendezvous might be a bit easier and relaxing?

Your little girl is adorable btw.

They are 2 entirely different experiences. It depends if you are looking for a snorkeling experience or a thrilling experience. LOL The sharks/rays were fun and very different, however, if I was to go back, I would use an outside vendor next time (like Caveman) instead of the cruise line. We didn't have the most positive experience using the cruise line to book (well, it was the vendor) but we were with other families on the cruise that was a little worried about booking outside the cruise line (as we always do). So if you ever decide to do the sharks, definitely go with a local vendor. But it's a neat experience (and honestly, I was teasing my husband about this excursion for months because the day of the excursion was his birthday and I told him it was nice knowing you and you can say you were ate by a shark on your birthday ;p)

But if you are looking for a great snorkeling experience...Rendezvous it is!

As far as relaxing and easier...lol sharks is at a sandbar so if you have done the stingray excursion in Grand Cayman, it's like that.

Thanks for the compliment about my daughter.

They are 2 entirely different experiences. It depends if you are looking for a snorkeling experience or a thrilling experience. LOL The sharks/rays were fun and very different, however, if I was to go back, I would use an outside vendor next time (like Caveman) instead of the cruise line. We didn't have the most positive experience using the cruise line to book (well, it was the vendor) but we were with other families on the cruise that was a little worried about booking outside the cruise line (as we always do). So if you ever decide to do the sharks, definitely go with a local vendor. But it's a neat experience (and honestly, I was teasing my husband about this excursion for months because the day of the excursion was his birthday and I told him it was nice knowing you and you can say you were ate by a shark on your birthday ;p)

But if you are looking for a great snorkeling experience...Rendezvous it is!

As far as relaxing and easier...lol sharks is at a sandbar so if you have done the stingray excursion in Grand Cayman, it's like that.

Thanks for the compliment about my daughter.

Thank you so much for all your help. You've helped me before and I appreciate it. I will leave it up to dh and see what he wants to do.