Jade Embarkation Times

flormija

Good morning everyone. I have a quick question for those of you who've sailed on the Jade out of Barcelona. What time does embarkation begin? I know we don't sail until 7pm, but wondered what time is the earliest we could get on board.

Thanks in advance.

We're also planning to cruise on the Jade from Barcelona. Do you know the exit time at end of the cruise in order to plan return time on the airlines. ALso does anyone know how much time to allow to get from the port to the airport and the slowness of the security lines. thanks

We're also planning to cruise on the Jade from Barcelona. Do you know the exit time at end of the cruise in order to plan return time on the airlines. ALso does anyone know how much time to allow to get from the port to the airport and the slowness of the security lines. thanks

There have been several threads about this. Both here at the NCL board and the Spain Ports of call board.

The consensus seems to be that the flight needs to be after 10:00 am. Anything before that is cutting it close, expecially with the heightened security on U.S. bound flights.

I have read where people are getting off by 7:00 am to 7:30 am, catching a cab, and making it to the airport by 8:30 am or so. But, then you have to contend with the ticket counter and security.

They say it is about a 20-25 minute cab ride.

Our flight is at 10:45 am and we am hoping it will not be too difficult getting to the airport safely.

We sailed out of Barcelona in November, and have disembarked three times there. We will be traveling out of BCN again in March. Anyway, we were able to get on board at 11:15AM. Our cabin was not ready yet.

All three times returning to BCN were got off at 6:00 AM, but saw people getting off about a half hour earlier. The earliest our flight was at 9:45 and we made it no trouble. It is about a 25 minute ride to the airport. If your flight is a US bound flight, as opposed to making a connection somewhere else in Europe, it appears from all everone has said, there is a lengthy extra time at the gate for US bound flights. In November, we were through security in about 15 minutes. That was before Christms, and also we were making a connection in Paris.

We sailed out of Barcelona in November, and have disembarked three times there. We will be traveling out of BCN again in March. Anyway, we were able to get on board at 11:15AM. Our cabin was not ready yet.

All three times returning to BCN were got off at 6:00 AM, but saw people getting off about a half hour earlier. The earliest our flight was at 9:45 and we made it no trouble. It is about a 25 minute ride to the airport. If your flight is a US bound flight, as opposed to making a connection somewhere else in Europe, it appears from all everone has said, there is a lengthy extra time at the gate for US bound flights. In November, we were through security in about 15 minutes. That was before Christms, and also we were making a connection in Paris.

So do you think that if we got off the ship by 07:30 am, we can make it safely for a 10:45 am flight in Barcelona?

I had the 10:30am Flight on the Jan 24th jade cruise, I basically exited the ship at around 7:00am walked straight out where lots of taxis were waiting, I arrived at the airport at 7:30..(with 2 bags the cost was 38 euros) Don"t worry you will make it in plenty of time...due to your earlier flight time I would leave no later than 6:00 am due to the long lines and a screening process at airport security...Our flight was actually delayed nearly an hour due to this...

Sailed Jan 24-Feb 5. No problem boarding around noon-1pm, but your cabin will not be ready until 4 pm, and you will have to wait in a public area.

The ship returns to Barcelona around 5 a.m., and you will be able to walk off the ship with your luggage around 5:30. No shortage of cabs at all. Unless there is a problem that causes the ship to be late an early flight(after 9) should not be a problem.

Security at BCN was thorough. carry-ons and people were searched. Our flight left an hour late, but --peace of mind!:)

So do you think that if we got off the ship by 07:30 am, we can make it safely for a 10:45 am flight in Barcelona?

I would leave earlier than that. In November, we left the ship at 6:00 AM, and were at the ariport by 6:50. We used the ship's transfer, so we had to wait for the bus to be filled before leaving. We had a 10:20 flight. I think we were at the gate by 8:00 AM.

From what I have read, the extra security is at the gate for US flights. We have gone through Barcelona other times, and it ws the same deal. If there wasn't the extra security, I would see no problem with leaving at 7:30. But, with the extra security I would allow an extra hour.

This cruise coming up in March, we are staying an extra night, and I plan on being at the airport by 7:30 for a 10:45 flight.

Good morning everyone. I have a quick question for those of you who've sailed on the Jade out of Barcelona. What time does embarkation begin? I know we don't sail until 7pm, but wondered what time is the earliest we could get on board.

Thanks in advance.

Please read the reports from cruisers from the 1/24/2010 sailing before you decide to go on your cruise in March or wait until later. The reports are scattered on this board under various tags. One is Virus on Jade Jan-Feb '10+. Many more will be coming as people have time after they get home.

I too was on the Jan. 24-Feb. 5 sailing. We were able to walk off the ship on Feb. 5 at 5:30am and were at the airport by about 6am. We got through security in just a few minutes (we were headed to the U.S. via a connection in Geneva) -- no one ever asked us to take anything out of our bags nor were we patted down or searched (not even in Geneva when we boarded the flight to the U.S., though some others were).

We had never planned a really early departure flight from Barcelona (9am), but had to scramble for new flights the day before the ship docked because the huge snow storm predicted to hit the mid-Atlantic on Feb. 5 caused our original flight home to be cancelled.

When we first booked the cruise, NCL advised us not to book a flight out of BCN earlier than 10:30am. Perhaps that was overly cautious advice, but before actually planning a really early flight home from BCN, I'd want more info about whether the ship is ever very late docking in BCN, and also whether there are other ships at the pier as well (which could create long lines for cabs). On Feb. 5, we were the only ship there.

There's more info about this subject in the Ports of Call area, and I'd look there for additional advice about timing your outgoing flight.

I remember reading that RCCL Brilliance of the Seas had some problems keeping its schedule and didn't arrive in time once in October or November to Barcelona. This was due to the stormy weather in the Mediterranean. If I remember correctly the delay was over 24 hours.

Archived