Bernards Tour

rodenboy

Sorry if this has been discussed or answered already; is Bernard’s Tours back open for business yet, or if not, is he likely to be back up and running by March?

Please excuse my ignorance, I haven’t heard anything and haven’t been on this forum for a while.

Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was posted on their Facebook page today

BERNARD’S TOURS is officially OPEN for BUSINESS

To all of our past guests and future guests:

We survived Hurricane Irma. We have been working hard to survive and rebuild.

We sincerely appreciate your kind words, prayers, patience and understanding while we were without internet for a few months.

We are now ready and excited to welcome you back to our beautiful Island.

There is still devastation but many places have rebuilt and opened. This is a slow process but we are strong.

Our beaches/water are still beautiful. We would honored to provide you a wonderful tour so you can enjoy your day here with us.

We need our guests back more than ever. We will be at your service and do our very best to provide you an excellent Island tour experience!

Recently a few ships have returned but we have not had many reservations, yet! We are unsure how many are aware we are BACK IN BUSINESS. That’s right, we are BACK in BUSINESS [emoji267]

Please visit our website at http://www.bernardstours.com to make your reservations.

We have missed you, we are strong, we look forward to seeing you all soon!

Thank you,

Bernard and team[emoji267] #SXMSTRONG

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This was posted on their Facebook page today

BERNARD’S TOURS is officially OPEN for BUSINESS

To all of our past guests and future guests:

We survived Hurricane Irma. We have been working hard to survive and rebuild.

We sincerely appreciate your kind words, prayers, patience and understanding while we were without internet for a few months.

We are now ready and excited to welcome you back to our beautiful Island.

There is still devastation but many places have rebuilt and opened. This is a slow process but we are strong.

Our beaches/water are still beautiful. We would honored to provide you a wonderful tour so you can enjoy your day here with us.

We need our guests back more than ever. We will be at your service and do our very best to provide you an excellent Island tour experience!

Recently a few ships have returned but we have not had many reservations, yet! We are unsure how many are aware we are BACK IN BUSINESS. That’s right, we are BACK in BUSINESS [emoji267]

Please visit our website at www.bernardstours.com to make your reservations.

We have missed you, we are strong, we look forward to seeing you all soon!

Thank you,

Bernard and team[emoji267] #SXMSTRONG

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My guess as to why island tours are not high on peoples list of things to do right now is because people don’t want to be driven through the devestation touring and taking pictures. Driving to a beach or to a restaurant or activity is one thing but an island tour now, seems to lack taste to some at this time. I have been here five days and have not gone over to the French side as of yet. It really saddens me to think of how it looks now and the heartbreak that Irma and Maria caused for the islanders. I think that going to Marigot to spend some money at the shops and market is wonderful but taking a “tour” to get there may be why bookings are lower than expected.

Just my thoughts on the subject. To each there own as they say but I can not bear to tour the island just yet myself.

My guess as to why island tours are not high on peoples list of things to do right now is because people don’t want to be driven through the devastation touring and taking pictures. Driving to a beach or to a restaurant or activity is one thing but an island tour now, seems to lack taste to some at this time.
Personally, I think seeing this engenders empathy for the islanders. It is "easy" to see these islands as paradises on a normal cruise port stop, without appreciating the risk the population takes to live here and host us for our beach/restaurant day.

Personally, I think seeing this engenders empathy for the islanders. It is "easy" to see these islands as paradises on a normal cruise port stop, without appreciating the risk the population takes to live here and host us for our beach/restaurant day.

Oh trust me I have plenty of empathy for the islanders. Not visiting certain areas of the island is not due to me not caring. It’s rather just the opposite. I can’t bear to see what is gone.

(That was in my original post pretty much but you cut that off)

Drive from the port to Mullet. The destruction is more than evident. There are at least 6 large hotels/resorts with massive destruction and no guests and few staff and stores demolished as well as homes and cars and boats and a modern airport building damaged beyond use. A trip somewhere to spend some money and have some fun will give you a pretty good idea of how awful these hurricanes were and a “devastation tour” is not needed.

Edited by Karysa

I have toured with Bernard in the past and he runs a top notch outfit. IMHO It may bother our sensibilities to see the destruction - but keep in mind our $ will help Bernard when he really needs it most and show him support. I also don't see this as a destruction tour - I will focus on "SXM proud" and recovering. I will try to spend some money at the stops and help both sides of the island with my tourist dollars. :halo:

I have toured with Bernard in the past and he runs a top notch outfit. IMHO It may bother our sensibilities to see the destruction - but keep in mind our $ will help Bernard when he really needs it most and show him support. I also don't see this as a destruction tour - I will focus on "SXM proud" and recovering. I will try to spend some money at the stops and help both sides of the island with my tourist dollars. :halo:

I like your attitude. My “St. Maarten Strong” shirt is literally in the mail as we speak!